cobra is under water

RedPitBull

Established Member
had to leave my cobra behind when we left new orleans...i live in chalmette and never expected it to have 15 feet of water in the whole parish...i'm in florida and it will be at least a month before they let anybody back in....anyone ever delt with a completely submerged car before?..i'm want to save it....i love my car....can it be restored?....it may not even be in my driveway.....took my daughters and got the hell outta there...we are all safe.....so, so, sorry for those people who did not made it out...God bless them all..........chuck

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Man, I would think that would take sooooo much work to make it right it wouldn't be anywhere near worth it...

DarickPSU

Mick in a Mystic
Established Member
Glad you and your family got out OK. Luckily you only lost a car. Insurance will cover it. Just buy another. Hope everything works out for you my man. Good luck and let us fellow SVTers know if there is anything we can do. Perhaps you need a care package or something.
D.

Darksnake98

Established Member
Glad 2 see you and your family made it out alive and safe...don't worry about the cobra...Cars come and go...

Labora

Is that a Fobra?
Established Member
Man don't sweat the car you got out with your FAMILY and your LIFE you are lucky in that respect many are still waiting to hear from loved ones. :( Anyhow I hope insurance takes care of you car. If not we will be here to help. :beer:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Dude. The car is gone. They will write it off. There is NO point in saving the car. All those electronics? You are just asking for a fire.

Like everybody said, You got out with your life. You are lucky.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I hate to see a Cobra go down, but if it was anywhere near all of that flood and wind damage, she'll be damaged beyond repair. Didn't you say it was in the driveway. I saw semi trucks blown around like trash cans on NBC's special last night. Glad you are ok.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
The car is gone. Don't even think about messing with it again. Just get the insurance money and buy another one. Buy your car back from the insurance company and sell the parts off. I'm glad you and your family are ok. God Bless you and everyone from the affected areas of Katrina.

jdogwelch

Established Member
Glad you are OK

Happy you made it out. Let the car go and let the insurance take care of it.
Hope you get another nice one.
JW

RedPitBull

Established Member
thanks friends

thanks everybody....its just a car...but when you drive a cobra its tough to lose it....my daughter told me "dad....you said you wanted a 2000 cobra r so work towards getting that"....well really i rather a 97-98...take my kb subs, 4:10's, steeda comp springs, tri-ax(maybe), d-spec shocks, mm cc plates, 2003 cobra wheels(14 spoke),nitto r2"s, bullit shifter ball, march pulleys, Spec 2 clutch(naw), rear control arms.....oh what the heck, you all are right...forget the car.....at least it will still live on my auto-x websights forever......yes we are safe and with family, (and all you guys)...also lost my 96 4.6 t-bird, and my explorer, and my fishing boat, oh yea...my house too. again, many thanks......I'll be back...chuck

HeXX 1

Established Member
oh man sorry to hear, that really sucks.

wish the best for you and your family through all this crap.

mikeD4V

Established Member
i'm sorry for your loss but like everyone else said, your family and yourself are the main concerns. material possesions are replaceable.

if it's any consolation you might be able to buy back what's left from the insurance and swap the drivetrain, if it's salvageable, into a cheap high mileage 96-98gt then ues the rest of the money to buy something else.

good luck and glad to see you and your family are well. we will all continue to hope and pray for the best for all those unforunate people that couldn't make it out and all those affected by this terrible situation.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Chuck- I'm at a loss for words. I can only say thank God you and your family were able to leave in time. You did the right thing. I hope your relatives are all safe as well. You'll get through this but I cannot begin to imagine how hard it will be. Where abouts in LA did you live?

Keep us posted on what's going on and how your family makes it through this.

If you need a care package with some Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazines or Steeda catalogs...I'd be happy to send you one! And don't worry about the car because you can always put your own touch on another Cobra.

Best Wishes,

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Like the other Replys, "Chuck," glad you and your family are okay.

Trying to dry out a flooded car after a day or two is one thing, but after, what, several weeks or more (if you ever find it), that car will be one big rust ball. You would have nothing but electrical problems forever, unless you completely restored every single inch of metal on it. Not worth the trouble. Use your insurance money and buy another great Cobra, with all the goodies they will pay you for.

Best of luck to you ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread