Cobra is gone, got a new truck

98Cobretti

Established Member
I just traded in my 98 cobra the other day, I figured it was getting up in mileage and was going to need a new clutch soon and the rearend was making some noise. I have the 65 fastback as the hotrod which is much much faster than my cobra was, so I went ahead and got me my first big truck. I don't need 2 hotrods. (I had comtimplated a 2004 cobra for a while).
I got a 2004 hemi Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab, and I absolutely love it! No hating on Dodge here please...hehehe. I love all kinds of automobiles not just Fords, and I honestly like the Dodge Trucks better than Ford and I hate the new Chevy looks. This thing has some nice power, it surprised me for how big and heavy the damn thing is, but it gets up to speed quickly. I haven't ever owned a truck, and so far it is awesome. Im gonna do a few mods to it but not much, muffler, k&n, bedliner, etc...maybe GPS. So it was a sad and a happy day, I will miss the 98 a lot, that is for sure, but I also am enjoying the new member of the fam!

Can we have a moment of silence for the Cobra.....

:)
What do you guys think?
Ram%20Hemi.jpg

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
they look nice but new tires for them baby's aint cheap!!! and they aint as fast like commercials say they are

98Cobretti

Established Member
Yeah, I know, its still a big truck, not a race car....but it has good power for a truck. I didn't buy it to go around racing. The tires are actually cheaper than my 18" nittos were on my cobra. Plus I will be able to tow a boat if I buy one down the road!

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
Your Cobra was wicked clean. Saved pics you posted a while back of it... good stuff man and have fun with the dodge :rockon:

98Cobretti

Established Member
Originally posted by Dark Shadow
well, if you decide to get rid of the '65 fastback, hook it up;-)
very nice truck

That car is never leaving the family! :) Too much time, money, blood, sweat, and tears in that one. Plus its just too damn sexy!

massfoxbody

Established Member
I work at a used car dealership and I think dodge has the best new truck even though they may not be as fast as they say in the commercials they still have a good amount pick up. They are also great on the inside.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Originally posted by 12leavu
I dont care for the truck(im partial):)

But i love that 65 fastback in your sig.

Ditto.

As long as you like it that's all that matters. Now go buy The SRT-10 Fascia, hood, and wing and you'll be all set.

:rockon:

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by massfoxbody
I work at a used car dealership and I think dodge has the best new truck even though they may not be as fast as they say in the commercials

How fast do the commercials say they are?

BTW!, I love your truck, I always thought the new Dodges were the meanest looking..:rockon:

cameron

Established Member
i like the look of them, but hope you got a good one. the drive train can have many problems. dodge has always had problems. that is why they have a 7 year warrianty on drive train. buddy bought one and had it for 3 months. the front differential had to be replaced twice. another friend has one hell of a whinning noise coming from the rear-end. i have heard of too many problems, but i still like them and even considered one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
By the way, he's had it for over six months. No issues at all that I am aware of.

Users who are viewing this thread