Cobra Help

khaos

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I wanted to run a return style fuel system but a buddy of mine said I would fail RI emissions. Anyone have any experience with this? Is a return-less my only option?
thanks

03' White Snake

Established Member
It is true. Unless you go to Pete at Performance Dyno. He can make your return fuel system pass inspection.

TheCat033

"The Green Monster"
Established Member
Well it depends on RI laws. In MA, based on the year of the vehicle, you are allowed to have a certain number of monitors "not ready," (cats, egr evap, etc.)

The past two years I've needed to have all but one monitor ready, therefore I had Pete @ performance set me up and passed with flying colors. Next year, being an 01, my car will be of age where I am allowed to have two monitors not ready. For me that will be evap and egr, therefore I will legally pass state emissions with my return style system.

bigmoose

Established Member
I'm interest as i might be moving to RI. What about a return style fuel system would affect emissions?

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
you can buy a 2yr sticker for $120 anywhere in the State is a joke, worth it for those with hid's, tint, no cats, emissions etc

matt87

Established Member
no cats, window tint and plate covers, rear 02 turned off. i pass every time. 55 dollars. 120??? ya no way!

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I'm interest as i might be moving to RI. What about a return style fuel system would affect emissions?

I'm only guessing, but maybe EGR, Evap, O2 sensors not reading that they are ready on the inspection machine when the car is plugged in. I know that's what fails you here in MA. I'm sure most guys eliminate all this stuff when the switch to returnless and in MA you can't have all the stuff showing not ready of you fail. Its all a matter of having them turned on when you have the car tuned.

If you got to Performance Dyno in NH Pete will take care of it all for you, at a fair price and it will done properly the first time.

bigmoose

Established Member
Pete already does my tuning. What u said makes sense. I didn't see anything that actually has to do with a return system that affects emissions.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
It will pass. The systems on the market today DO NOT eliminate the EVAP stuff if you go with a Lethal/Div X or Fore type hat system. Your evap stuff remains intact and it changes nothing for emissions. You delete the FPDM but that gets disabled in the tune. It has no bearing on Readiness monitors setting or not setting. You will be fine

bigmoose

Established Member
It will pass. The systems on the market today DO NOT eliminate the EVAP stuff if you go with a Lethal/Div X or Fore type hat system. Your evap stuff remains intact and it changes nothing for emissions. You delete the FPDM but that gets disabled in the tune. It has no bearing on Readiness monitors setting or not setting. You will be fine
Great info. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread