Cobra got bumped...

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
Guy barely bumped into me so I got his info and said I'd have it buffed out and send him the bill, didn't look like much damage at all. I looked closer at it a few minutes later once I got to work. Not only is it scratched through the paint, there are two deep marks at the point where the paint stops and the black starts made by his license plate bolts. There is also a light crease just above and between the marks from the top of his plate bracket, and now the gap below the tail lights and trunk is over a half an inch. I can also see the gap on the side where the rear qtr meets the bumper cover. I've contacted both our insurers and he has taken responsibility so there are no problems there. I'm just surprised how much damage there is from such a light bump, so much for 5 mph bumpers. I'm going to insist the cover needs replaced because of the two dents and the crease. Just curious, any one have a similar repair and have had an estimate for a replacement and repaint of the rear bumper cover?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Same thing happened to me 4 months ago. I have that damn bolt indent on my bumper still. They said that the bumper would have to be replaced...never got it done though, thats a long story.

Orange Poison

Established Member
I give you credit...if some dude bumped into my car....I'd give 'em a good blinker :kaboom:

Hope it works out...

Gray03Cobra

Established Member
I've been meaning to repair my rear bumper since a similar thing happened. A friend bumped me and he is going to pay cash instead of being hit with a insurance hike.

At first it looked so small....

03cobragirl

Go Ravens!!
Established Member
My accident was very similiar. I haven't gotten it fixed yet but, the initial estimate is around $300.

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
I remember you mentioned that at our cruise. That's it? I was guessing the bumper cover would cost $250 and the remove, paint, replace would cost another $250+.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Dang Wraith! Sorry to hear about the accident. Probably worth the money to get it replaced...especially if the other guys insurance is paying for it.

Users who are viewing this thread