Cobra Engine Bay Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

04Sonic

Established Member
Jymbart where did you get the pulley cover. I did not know you could run a cover when you are running a different pulley set-up.

JymBart

Established Member
Pulley Cover

04Sonic said:
Jymbart where did you get the pulley cover. I did not know you could run a cover when you are running a different pulley set-up.

Now my good friend Dana from LDC Chicago was the first to come up with this idea, ............ the cover I have is from Steeda, Part #555-0640 Chrome Blower Cover for 03-04. It fits perfect, good chrome quality and still gives you the use of a billet flow (or other brand) pulleys with the hood protection I wanted.

JymBart

04Sonic

Established Member
JymBart said:
Now my good friend Dana from LDC Chicago was the first to come up with this idea, ............ the cover I have is from Steeda, Part #555-0640 Chrome Blower Cover for 03-04. It fits perfect, good chrome quality and still gives you the use of a billet flow (or other brand) pulleys with the hood protection I wanted.

JymBart

Sweet you should not have posted your engine pictures. I had to spend money this morning:cuss:

:lol: :lol:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
No bling here, just simple and clean. (well kinda...)

83462.jpg

83467.jpg

04Sonic

Established Member
Modded Mystic said:
Cool photo 96stanggt :coolman:

~Mark
:beer:

Ditto that last picture is cool. Reminds me when I drove a GT40 and the blower is right behind your head:D

04Sonic

Established Member
Jymbart where did you get the chrome valve covers:??:

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
racerat said:
I have to know, are those the Redline quick lift's you are using? I"m just wondering how much of a PITA it was to install them... I'm not familiar with the rivet tool at all.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
SickBlackMach said:
I have to know, are those the Redline quick lift's you are using? I"m just wondering how much of a PITA it was to install them... I'm not familiar with the rivet tool at all.

I installed the Redline hood struts on my Saleen and plan on doing the same to the Cobra. Its real easy, i assume you can rent the rivet gun from somewhere and with some luck it will come with instructions or maybe the store you rent it from can show you how to use it but you just put the rivet in the hole you are going to rivet.... put the rivet gun on the rivet, and keep pulling trigger untill the rivet breaks.

My dad brought in his air powered industrial rivet gun with stainless rivets... it was overkill but thats how i do things :D

-Mike

JymBart

Established Member
Chrome powdrcoated valve covers

04Sonic said:
Jymbart where did you get the chrome valve covers:??:

I got the chrome vavle covers from Steve from FORDSVTPARTS 1-800-328-9552.

JymBart

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member

I have the redlines as well, took a whole 10 minutes to install and is super easy.
As long as your careful to never let the hood pop all the way up by itself youll never have problems with them. Ive had them on for 3 years now with no issues.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Cool! Thanks for the heads up on the install. The only thing I'm worried about is my hood takes a little force to close and I didnt want to make it worse by installing these.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
SickBlackMach said:
They are the redlines and I love them. Redline was at WFC in St Louis selling/installing them. Only took about 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread