Cobra custom paint

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Don't like either one.
IMHO blue/white stripes would look better
One of our members did mystic ghost flames on a SB and it looked pretty good.

f2hatch

Established Member
Don't like either one.
IMHO blue/white stripes would look better
One of our members did mystic ghost flames on a SB and it looked pretty good.

+1 IMO the white and blue are a little too much. White with a nice mellow silver would look nice. White is a soft color so you need another soft color to flow with it. If you go sonic blue then i would go with something like a true blue flame.

BTW i have flames on my white 04 coupe.

i8urSS

Established Member
i like the white with the blue flames. i thought about that same set up for a while. just dont have the cajones to go thru with it. make sure to post pics if you do.

NYstanger

Established Member

Seen this picture and liked it. The deeper, darker blue makes it look so much better I think.
But the stripe idea wouldn't be bad and be a lot less tedious. lol

f2hatch

Established Member

Seen this picture and liked it. The deeper, darker blue makes it look so much better I think.
But the stripe idea wouldn't be bad and be a lot less tedious. lol

Stripes are more of a pain in the ass to lay out and paint then flames. Because most stripes start out thinner and very slowly get fatter as they go up the car. Then thin back down as the they come down in the back so that they stay looking centered. That white looks good but still to much going on for my taste.Then its not my car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There's just something about the high contrast blue/white combo (for flames) that I don't like all that much. Just my personal taste. I know there are those who love it. Here is one from the vault that I really DO like. It's a photo of Sambandit's (don't think he posts here anymore and the car has been sold) 2003 Cobra back from around 2004. I've always loved the blue flames on the black paint. The contrast between the two colors isn't quite as extreme. JMO though.

Sambandit.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread