Cobra > Camaro SS

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
The only rear end on a New Edge Mustang that looks good is the Cobra, every other model the rear bumper looks cheap and bland as well.....

I like the rear end of a T/A better than a Camaro unless it's an SS with CME....

SS with center mount exhaust :rockon:

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
with the current market the camaro is a GREAT bang for the buck...

..but looks wise the camaro isnt anything close to a cobra

...sound wise, no cobra will ever sound as good as a cammed LSX

i'd be happy with either car, im not bias

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member

I'd like a Cobra next to the Z28 in the garage one day:rockon:

burnzilla

Established Member
I am still reading the thread but I had to say,

Larry, this was one hell of a PWANGE!!!!! :rockon:

This is comical.
You draw up a picture of a Z28 and use that as a comparison?

Doesn't it register to some of you 'pee brained' folk how dumb that looks?
You comparing a base model Camaro to a Z28.
To a base model Mustang, then a Cobra?

De dee deee.

V6 Camaro/ V6 Mustang
Z28 Camaro/ GT Mustang
SS Camaro/ Cobra

Let me help some of you with a little guide:
How to spot a V8:

This is DEFINITELY not a V6.

z1-1.jpg

NOT a V6.
Hawk3.jpg

Not a V6:
eea1_3.jpg

Not a V6:
s2131.jpg

Not a V6:
96open.jpg

Not a V6:
movinbird.jpg

Not a V6:
DSCN1473.jpg

Not a V6:
back-in-black-elite-360-confirmed-2.jpg

Not a V6:
duke.jpg

Not a V6:
72Camaro.jpg

Not a V6:
monte1.jpg

My sled, Not a V6:
Cat2.jpg

Not a V6:
p4464_image_large.jpg

Not a V6:
chevrolet-corvette-zr1-33.jpg

Not a V6:
c3-1.jpg

--

Haha the Iron Duke lol

And my car,
Not a V6:

-
z2-frontright.jpg

Last edited:

Beetle6986

Established Member
Your opinion is only one view.

Why don't you ask the general public instead of mustang and camaro fans. I can assure you that the Mustang will come out on top for styling.

After all your post in this thread.....It's official that you are the most biased guy in the road kill section. :bash: I wish this stupid ass thread would get locked so all this middle school arguing would stop

I hope you're kidding when you say that JROC is biased! This is a perfect example of The Pot Calling The Kettle Black!

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Why don't you ask the general public instead of mustang and camaro fans. I can assure you that the Mustang will come out on top for styling.

Is there reallly a need? Mustang Owners have been voting with their money for a long time now, it's painfully obvious what the mass prefer.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
The only diff, is the spoiler and the rear bumper saying COBRA. :shrug:

Actually I find the 03-04 Cobra bumper to be more refined and not as plastic looking as the GT/Mach 1s which looks like it had to half circles cut into it to make way for the dual exhaust.

The spoiler looks a lot better as well on the 03-04 Cobra....:shrug::beer:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
^^^ I agree with the spoiler. I wish they put those on the machs. A mach with a Cobra spoiler looks GREAT, IMO.

gnxs

Established Member
Styling is a VERY subjective subject, but I really like the subtle yet distinctive changes of my Cobra (vs a V6 or GT Stang). I also like the Z06, Z28 and every other car that has a performance version that looks sorta like the lesser powered models (semi-sleepers).

That said, I think my WS6 Formula was probably the meanest looking car I ever owned. While mine was just a bolt-on car and only a moderate performer, looks-wise I consider it more attractive than my Cobra and my old GN. It's no sleeper, but a WS6 bird just looks mean and nasty. :thumbsup:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Styling is a VERY subjective subject, but I really like the subtle yet distinctive changes of my Cobra (vs a V6 or GT Stang). I also like the Z06, Z28 and every other car that has a performance version that looks sorta like the lesser powered models (semi-sleepers).

That said, I think my WS6 Formula was probably the meanest looking car I ever owned. While mine was just a bolt-on car and only a moderate performer, looks-wise I consider it more attractive than my Cobra and my old GN. It's no sleeper, but a WS6 bird just looks mean and nasty. :thumbsup:

Especially when it's black!

musclefan21

Established Member
This is comical.
You draw up a picture of a Z28 and use that as a comparison?

Doesn't it register to some of you 'pee brained' folk how dumb that looks?
You comparing a base model Camaro to a Z28.
To a base model Mustang, then a Cobra?

De dee deee.

V6 Camaro/ V6 Mustang
Z28 Camaro/ GT Mustang
SS Camaro/ Cobra

Let me help some of you with a little guide:
How to spot a V8:

hey kid, you are the one who said most people can't even tell the difference between a cobra and a v6 mustang. Don't get all butthurt there:

this is a STOCK cobra:

front
2004-Ford-SVT-Mustang-Cobra-Red-Angle-1280x960.jpg

rear
SilverCobraCoupeRear.jpg

and here is a STOCK v6:

1999-2000-2001-2002-2003-2004-ford-mustang-1.jpg

You must have infected those 95% of people with your retardpolinos deusis virus!

:kaboom:

Last edited:

PACETTR

Established Member
LOL Very true. I just want to find cars that will give me a good run. Don't care what they are.:rolling: Anyone in the Oklahoma area wanting to run'em?

I am in the OKC area, although I'm not sure how much either of us would enjoy running each other...

Your opinion is only one view.

The body lines look 10 times better on an Fbody.
There is comparison there.
The fbody is entirely more sleek looking and ready for combat.

Ya see, GM built their cars to perform, not to sell.

Mustangs are higher off the ground, have a more generic seat setting to please the common driver, and the styling is made to accommodate everyone. (These are facts, this is not questionable).

But this isn't the Mustangs fault, as it was turned into a badge to sell for so long and in the mid 90's was embarrassingly slow.

Exactly.
To 99.97% of the people you see everyday,
It's much easier to tell a Mach from a regular GT then a Cobra.

I know so many Cobra owners drive around and go "look at everyone stare at my Cobra", when most of the people don't even see it, except for another Mustang.

Dumbest statement EVAR?

GM wasn't concerned about sales? Why did they stop production of the F-twins?

BayareaSS

Established Member
noway an LS1 can run high 12s @ 130mph :lol1:

most LS1s are like 10.90@108mph :D
:lol1::rockon:
How about this... We run at the track and loser pays for the track fees.

I can't street race, bro... Haven't done it in a very long time.

Or we can just cruise and have everyone shake in fear as they feel the rumble of 1,300+ RWHP coming at them. :rockon:
You'll kill me at the track rick. Hard to beat a 600hp cobra on slicks that weighs less than an f-body :rockon:

They are a really good bang for the buck right now. I think cobras and camaros both can look equally good but stock for stock neither one of them is that great. Cobras sound real good but cammed lsx cars sound sick. But without a cam the cobra will sound better everytime :beer:

Last edited:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
They are a really good bang for the buck right now. I think cobras and camaros both can look equally good but stock for stock neither one of them is that great. Cobras sound real good but cammed lsx cars sound sick. But without a cam the cobra will sound better everytime :beer:

For sure, I miss my Mustangs just for the sound. Well that and I miss driving a manual:cryying:

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
You can keep on convincing yourself the Cobra looks so much different but it looks almost identical besides a front fascia and rims. The hood is only something a car enthusiast would notice.

I've seen Cobra's on the highway here and there and I KNOW what to looks for, and it still takes a minute of staring to see what kind of spoiler it has, rims, etc, and 99% of the people who see a Cobra see another Mustang.

Sorry.

do you have a mullet?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
This thread delivers!

My favorite two things here are:

1. Cobra's and Fbody's are both good cars. A cobra is nothing but a glorified GT, same platform. I don't see why their prices are inflated so much.
2. Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroc View Post
You don't know much about 03/04 Cobra's. Yes they cost more to buy because they are infact better cars than Fbodies, but they give you much better returns per $ spent in mods.
Better cars? How so?
Build quality isn't better, reliability isn't better, longevity isn't better. Termi's can have heatsoak issues. The interiors are cheap.

Am I missing something here? Build quality? Reliability? You sound like an a$$hat.

Gotta love the Biased comments. (And no, I'm not on a high horse because I own a Cobra) kthxbye.

Users who are viewing this thread