Cobra Builder Tag

KINGCarnge

Established Member
I just purchased an extra set of valve covers that I will be getting powder coated. Does anyone know of an easy way to take the builder tag off? I don’t want to damage the one on my cobra when I attempt to it take them off. Unfortunately the valve covers I ordered did not come with it.

rymax101

Established Member
I just purchased an extra set of valve covers that I will be getting powder coated. Does anyone know of an easy way to take the builder tag off? I don’t want to damage the one on my cobra when I attempt to it take them off. Unfortunately the valve covers I ordered did not come with it.
Fishing line and pull it across the bottom

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

KINGCarnge

Established Member
Dang that was a quick response. Thanks buddy and I will try it. Another question, would it stick back up with a high temp glue?

rymax101

Established Member
Dang that was a quick response. Thanks buddy and I will try it. Another question, would it stick back up with a high temp glue?
I used 3m extreme double sided foam tape... Cleaned up the back of the plate attached the foam, cut around the corners, and applied.. Hasnt moved

KINGCarnge

Established Member
You are the man! Will try this out. Thank you.

I used 3m extreme double sided foam tape... Cleaned up the back of the plate attached the foam, cut around the corners, and applied.. Hasnt moved

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Post a photo of the finished valve covers, with the tag applied. What color are you going with?

KINGCarnge

Established Member
Post a photo of the finished valve covers, with the tag applied. What color are you going with?

Yes sir, I ordered a black set and will getting them painted torch red. I'm kind of have a black and red theme with a few carbon fibre sprinkled in. I've seen a few TR cobras on IG and love how the red valve covers look.

KINGCarnge

Established Member
Just some pic of the (slow) transformation.

IMG_4280.JPG

IMG_5683.JPG

60227017605__BE4382D6-64A9-412D-A12F-25039FAC7089.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm a little late on commenting on your covers after asking you to post finished pics. LOL. Those really, really look good. The entire engine bay looks good. Nice work!!
upload_2020-5-22_16-38-41.png

Users who are viewing this thread