Cobra Brakes sticking/Won't release

johnf22

Established Member
I need a little help from the group. First off, I searched the forum and could not find anything on the subject. I just changed pads using the tool to push the pistons in and also replaced the rotors. I put everything back together and tried to go for a test drive but the front brakes do not seem to want to retract. I pulled the calipers back off and they do not seem to be stuck as they will push out when pressing the pedal. Any ideas before I do a rebuild kit on them?

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I need a little help from the group. First off, I searched the forum and could not find anything on the subject. I just changed pads using the tool to push the pistons in and also replaced the rotors. I put everything back together and tried to go for a test drive but the front brakes do not seem to want to retract. I pulled the calipers back off and they do not seem to be stuck as they will push out when pressing the pedal. Any ideas before I do a rebuild kit on them?
If it’s both sides it is likely not the calipers, it would be highly unusual for both sides to hang up after a pad replacement. I would look to make sure they are the right pads first then look farther up steam.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Moved to the correct section. That help section is for site issues, not cars. You'll get more replies here.

Users who are viewing this thread