Cobra Bob... Why....

apache driver

Established Member
SRT10ETR said:
has anyone here actually looked at your gasket? or is everyone just responding thinking theirs is still on?

I have taken my shifter off several times since installing his gaskets. Mine looked good and was providing a good seal everytime I removed my shifter.

beabout

Established Member
has anyone here actually looked at your gasket? or is everyone just responding thinking theirs is still on?
Yesterday 02:32 PM

Yes, I have, you can view the gasket from under the car.... :poke:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Mine CB gasket is still good. :thumbsup:

slitherin' 03 said:
errrrr uhhhhh.......my mgw didnt come with a gasket. is this something that is offered from a different manufacturer? Sorry for the ignorance!
They used to, but now they just come with the goop. A member on here sells the gasket in question.

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
CobraBob,

You are all over this website "helping" yet you don't respond in a thread that is clearly asking you for help with YOUR PRODUCT? :dw:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
RedfireSVT said:
on a side note, you're not supposed to use the stops on the mgw with a t-56.

Looks melted to me as well... I don't see how/why someone would tighten it that much if that's the case.

Not to change the subject, but are you supposed to use the stops on the Steeda Tri-Ax? What can happen if you don't? Is it easier shifting if you don't? Thanks!

dougwg

Established Member
OMG....It's NOT melted!

Silicone gaskets are good to around 500°F and up.

No frickin way does the trans get that hot!

The surfaces were not cleaned properly and the gasket *squished* out.

Anyone with any experience with silicone should know this.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, this one is a mystery to me. I've sold over 4,000 sets and the only thing I've seen happen in a handful of cases is the gasket gettign squished due to overtightening. It is remotely possible that a gasket might be cut a bit off since I cut every one by hand with a metal template. But that would be rare. And the material I used is good to over 500 degrees, so it cannot melt from transmission heat. I just don't have an answer to this one. HOWEVER, email me direct (not a PM please) and I will gladly send you out a new one free of charge.

It is very important to carefully follow the installation instructions. Occasionally, as stated in the instructions, you have to use your fingers on the outside edges to prevent the gasket from squishing outwards. This is more of an issue if you tighten each side down tight one at a time. You have to tighten each bolt a bit at a time to more evenly distribute the torquing. Hope this helps.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
dougwg said:
CobraBob,

You are all over this website "helping" yet you don't respond in a thread that is clearly asking you for help with YOUR PRODUCT? :dw:
Sorry, but I don't browse every forum. I spend 95% of my time on just the Terminator Talk forum. I only have so much time, and I also work a full time job during the day. And then there's my wife. And my kids. Time to make up gasket sets/process orders. Church meetings. 8 hours of sleep. Etc. :lol1:

I did get your PM and appreciate the heads up Doug. It would have helped if I had originally been PM'd or emailed by the person with the issue. I could have responded a lot quicker.

I surely hope nobody would feel that I would not respond to a question regarding to my gaskets if I had seen it. I am NOT that kind of guy.

Juruense

Banned
CobraBob said:
Wow, this one is a mystery to me. I've sold over 4,000 sets and the only thing I've seen happen in a handful of cases is the gasket gettign squished due to overtightening. It is remotely possible that a gasket might be cut a bit off since I cut every one by hand with a metal template. But that would be rare. And the material I used is good to over 500 degrees, so it cannot melt from transmission heat. I just don't have an answer to this one. HOWEVER, email me direct (not a PM please) and I will gladly send you out a new one free of charge.
I bolded the really awesome parts. Cobra Bob is the man and his products and FAQ are the BEST :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

03kbredfire

Established Member
Kilgore Trout said:
I bolded the really awesome parts. Cobra Bob is the man and his products and FAQ are the BEST :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Every post that I have read of CobraBob's supports that he is truely a stand up guy.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread