Cobra Automatic?

Svtfan678

Established Member
I know its possible for you to turn a Terminator automatic. But Can u just go down to a local shop and let them do it for you if you bring the parts? Or would you have to do this yourself thanks. Anser asap thanks alot

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Both. And I'm pretty sure a shop won't let you bring the parts. That's, for the most part, how the business makes money.

Svtfan678

Established Member
So they have the parts there and how much would it cost? estimated? My dad's best friend work's in a shop and is a genius with cars so i could probably get a discount.

brucesvt

Established Member
I saw this the other day a co-worker of mine showed me the complete process. theres a write up, but why in the world do you even get a cobra in the first place if your going to this to it....:shrug::shrug:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
it would likely need to be a performance shop that has a good deal of Mustang background, your everyday joe-schmo repair shop wont know where to start, and if you do hand them the keys, dont expect the car back anytime soon.

a full built auto would be beneficial for a drag application only IMO, where you want consistency each run. but like others have said, if you are going to do that, why start with a Cobra? Get a GT for cheap, build the motor+auto trans and boost from there, youll have to do exactly that with the 03/04 starting point, and you will have spent another $10k for the car itself compared to the GT, and the end result would be very similar.

canibus

Established Member
it would likely need to be a performance shop that has a good deal of mustang background, your everyday joe-schmo repair shop wont know where to start, and if you do hand them the keys, dont expect the car back anytime soon.

A full built auto would be beneficial for a drag application only imo, where you want consistency each run. But like others have said, if you are going to do that, why start with a cobra? Get a gt for cheap, build the motor+auto trans and boost from there, youll have to do exactly that with the 03/04 starting point, and you will have spent another $10k for the car itself compared to the gt, and the end result would be very similar.

+1

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I saw this the other day a co-worker of mine showed me the complete process. theres a write up, but why in the world do you even get a cobra in the first place if your going to this to it....:shrug::shrug:

you get the Cobra to have a quick car...then after a twinscrew and all the other goodies that make the car into a tire shredding, fire breather that you are sick of replacing the clutch in you learn that if you wanna go fast at the local dragstrip a stalled auto is the way to go

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
it would likely need to be a performance shop that has a good deal of Mustang background, your everyday joe-schmo repair shop wont know where to start, and if you do hand them the keys, dont expect the car back anytime soon.

a full built auto would be beneficial for a drag application only IMO, where you want consistency each run. but like others have said, if you are going to do that, why start with a Cobra? Get a GT for cheap, build the motor+auto trans and boost from there, youll have to do exactly that with the 03/04 starting point, and you will have spent another $10k for the car itself compared to the GT, and the end result would be very similar.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread