Cobra at the track 7.0@97mph

03Black

Established Member
Dont post on here much wanted to share a vid of my car sorry for the crappy quality. Car has a c4 tranny, solid axle, maximum motorsports k-member and coil overs 2.8 upper pulley,steggy ported blower throttle body and plenum it is there old port 2 year old porting job pro-m mass air, jlt cai, longtube headers 1 5/8 with 3 in xpipe and mufflers and weight reduction. Weighed in at 3180

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pg0XVsxh1A

SVTBMG

Banned
how did you get the weight down so much? Gutted? I have heard the solid swap only takes off 80-90lbs. Then with rear seat delete, race seat and slicks skinnys you lost amother 400lbs? Whatever you did I want to do that. car runs hard.

03Black

Established Member
For weight I put in x2 corbeau forza with rear seat delete, Took off the a/c , the rear mach amps and speakers but I still have the radio with the tweeters and the bottom door speakers although when you remove the rear amps only the tweeters stay working, removed the rear bumper support.

SVTBMG

Banned
Wow I never thought about stripping out the speakers and amps. I have no idea how much they wiegh. So do you recall how much weight the rear solid swap saved you? Also dont go get rear ended...lol. I have been toying with the idea of doing this.

03Black

Established Member
yeah the only reason why I took out the rear bumper support is because this is not my daily driver anymore. I think the rear end saved around 150-200 pounds

SVTBMG

Banned
yeah the only reason why I took out the rear bumper support is because this is not my daily driver anymore. I think the rear end saved around 150-200 pounds

WOW that is a ton of weight. i had no idea it weighed that much. you are talking the rear swap and bumper support together right?

JDsfastGN

Established Member
good vid. Don't take offense to this.... i could be wrong, but at 3200 lbs shouldn't you be trapping a bit more than 97 mph in the 1/8th? That should be close to 470-490 rwhp round abouts? Does the C4 kill that much mph? Nice beat down on the other lane man.

03Black

Established Member
well I really dont know compared to other cobras and what there running even with manuel I think it pretty good could be wrong though? car didnt make much on the auto it made 440 rwhp

Users who are viewing this thread