Cobra and Saleen pics

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Thanks all. The Saleen is stock right down to the original plug wires and tires lol. Still has all the emissions crap on it that Saleen had to put on there to make it legal for the final year of production. It does have new plugs and a new MSD coil on it though. Yeah stock its 495 hp and the couple stock ones Ive read about dynoed in the 420-440 rwhp area. I havent dynoed it yet but am going to. I want to put a off road pipe on it and a good 93 octane tune, and turn off the smog stuff programmed into it. Cars that have done those things gain a nice little bit. A power pipe is a proven gainer on these too but I dont want to cut the inner fender liner to add one. I talked to a guy with a 99 once and he did the off road pipe, a power pipe, and custom tune and he did 480 rwhp so thats a nice gain. Remember these cars weigh 3375 empty, light by todays standards.

Love the 99 s351 esp since its got a pushrod in it :) talk about rare, so is the 99 s351 the only mustang to get obd2 and a pushrod motor :) :banana::banana:

99BOSS

Established Member
Love the 99 s351 esp since its got a pushrod in it :) talk about rare, so is the 99 s351 the only mustang to get obd2 and a pushrod motor :) :banana::banana:

99 is the only year of the new edge body with a OBDII compatible 351 engine. Only made 20 coupes and 26 verts. Mine is 1 of 2 made with this color and options. Its a rare bird no doubt.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
99 is the only year of the new edge body with a OBDII compatible 351 engine. Only made 20 coupes and 26 verts. Mine is 1 of 2 made with this color and options. Its a rare bird no doubt.

How long have you owned the Saleen and how did you come across it?

99BOSS

Established Member
How long have you owned the Saleen and how did you come across it?

I bought it last June. I came across it on the net and I bought it from the original owner who kept it in a garage its whole life and just drove it occasionally. He was a older guy and sold off a few of his cars but this was the last to go. I actually videoed the car at a car show new back in 2000. Then it sold and 10 yrs later it came up for sale so I ended up buying the same car I videoed 10 yrs earlier and lusted over back then.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I bought it last June. I came across it on the net and I bought it from the original owner who kept it in a garage its whole life and just drove it occasionally. He was a older guy and sold off a few of his cars but this was the last to go. I actually videoed the car at a car show new back in 2000. Then it sold and 10 yrs later it came up for sale so I ended up buying the same car I videoed 10 yrs earlier and lusted over back then.

Very cool, it seems like these Saleens always have some sort of story behind them (just like original '65-'70 Shelby cars) as they're extremely rare and were bought new by enthusiasts.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
i just wish s-351 posted up some exhaust videos at least an idle. its impossible to find. id love to hear a driveby with a off road h pipe WOT, bet that thing is nasty. beautiful car sir keep up the maintance. that is quite the gem.

99BOSS

Established Member
I will get some video, my phone isnt capable. I'll post up a stock idling/drive by clip then another when I get the off road pipe on. I know what you mean though, finding any vids of S351s are about as scarce as the cars themselves lol

Users who are viewing this thread