Cobra and RX7

mach1girl6

KCCO
Established Member
So my younger brother recently picked up his dream car. For being named Shelby he is complete opposite of me and loves imports. He found a 1 owner, bone stock, 14k mile 1993 FD RX7 up in Philly. Bought the car for 13k and brought it home to Oklahoma. Car is super clean and is pretty much a time capsule from '93. -No he will not LS Swap it, lol he is a "Rotary Purist". He says first plans for the car are exhaust, window tint, and lowering springs.

Here are some pics of his RX7 with my CO Cobra. Enjoy! :beer:

uf2Eap.jpg

TLE0CP.jpg

8FEoA9.jpg

ULqpCt.jpg

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Saw on Facebook and still came here. Both your cars never get old to look at! But you still need to get chrome reps on yours!!!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I love FD RX7s, tell him he should get his license plate to say Doritos, my buddy has that plate on his 3 rotor RX7. But he should do a LS swap.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Nice RX7. I had a 93 with a Greddy T78 on it putting down 420 RWHP. Not bad in a car that weighs 2800 lbs :) I had that thing 6 years. It was hard to let it go.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Samantha, your brother is really fortunate to have found a RX7 is such awesome condition. Back in the day I drooled over the RX7. Fun, good looking car! I'm sure he's going to love it long term. :beer:

mach1girl6

KCCO
Established Member
He already loves it. haha drives it constantly.

And yeah, he is super against LS Swapping it. That car is in fantastic condition and swapping it would just be frowned upon IMO lol. (although it would be fun)

Zemedici

Established Member
people need to stop with the LS swaps. I see LS swaps in more NON GM vehicles than I do GM's. tsk tsk. Getting rather tiring.

mavisky

Established Member
If it still has the stock twins tell him to skip the window tint and instead buy a complete silicon vacuum hose kit. Dried and cracked vacuum hoses have killed a number of FD RX7's apex seals over the years.

Tispho

Established Member
He should probably get some decent coil overs or some shock/strut setup. Its worth the money in these cars.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Very nice RX-7! I believe that can run high 13's stock.

Easily one of the best looking cars from that era. I have to agree with him on not swapping. Plenty of hacked up shit boxes to swap, no reason to cut up a mint example.

Users who are viewing this thread