coating from lethal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimc04

Established Member
i.m about to order my kb 2.8 and lethals triple return and run e-85. i don't hear much talk about there e-85 coating? for people that have switched over already rails,hat what about injectors? would'nt they need coating also? my cobra is not a dd and only will see nice weekends carshows i was told i should worry about moisture from the car sitting? of course the tank is not sealed. i'm starting to think we do not know about long term effects yet. do we really know how long the fuel hose will last and so on. i do want to run e-85 but now i'm having 2nd thoughts. i could still make 700hp with race gas and the right pulley.i'm a alittle confused but am my making this bigger than it is? :??:

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
i.m about to order my kb 2.8 and lethals triple return and run e-85. i don't hear much talk about there e-85 coating? for people that have switched over already rails,hat what about injectors? would'nt they need coating also? my cobra is not a dd and only will see nice weekends carshows i was told i should worry about moisture from the car sitting? of course the tank is not sealed. i'm starting to think we do not know about long term effects yet. do we really know how long the fuel hose will last and so on. i do want to run e-85 but now i'm having 2nd thoughts. i could still make 700hp with race gas and the right pulley.i'm a alittle confused but am my making this bigger than it is? :??:

Other kinds of cars have been running e85 for a while, and there doesn't seem to be any long term effects related to e85, but rather the moisture that it draws in. If you keep your tank full that moisture will be at a minimal. The fuel tank is relatively well sealed if put together correctly i'm fairly certain, but it's still a good idea to keep a full tank. I know 04sleeper and friends have been running e85 for a while and closely monitered the fuel lines AND filters, and have had no issues. It seems the issues people have typically are bad-station related, and not necessarily e85 related. I got the triple pump system from lethal and will be doing my e85 conversion VERY soon, couldn't be more excited.

blacknlte

Established Member
Making it bigger then what it is. If you were to let the car sit for a year or more then youd need to take some steps to remove the fuel. But if your driving it once or twice or more a month then no worries. Also the E85 coating is already on most fuel rails. As for the fuel hat, talking to Fore they havent had any problems with customers with the non coated fuel hats ans some of them have been running E85 for a few years.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
Other kinds of cars have been running e85 for a while, and there doesn't seem to be any long term effects related to e85, but rather the moisture that it draws in. If you keep your tank full that moisture will be at a minimal. The fuel tank is relatively well sealed if put together correctly i'm fairly certain, but it's still a good idea to keep a full tank. I know 04sleeper and friends have been running e85 for a while and closely monitered the fuel lines AND filters, and have had no issues. It seems the issues people have typically are bad-station related, and not necessarily e85 related. I got the triple pump system from lethal and will be doing my e85 conversion VERY soon, couldn't be more excited.

Making it bigger then what it is. If you were to let the car sit for a year or more then youd need to take some steps to remove the fuel. But if your driving it once or twice or more a month then no worries. Also the E85 coating is already on most fuel rails. As for the fuel hat, talking to Fore they havent had any problems with customers with the non coated fuel hats ans some of them have been running E85 for a few years.

You don't need the coating. Ask lethal they will tell you no. Fore states that all their products are e85 compatible. As far as having it sit and having to take steps to remove the fuel :bs:

I know of three different people who have been running e85 in their evos for years. And each one had a point where there car sat for months at a time with whatever amount of e85 in the car. They finished their upgrades, did nothing to the fuel and drove just fine on 1-2 year old e85. It will seperate but a good shaking will make it just fine.

It would seem mustang owners who are new to the E85 are so freaked out by it and over react to it's property's.

It won't destroy your car, it doesn't go bad, You can do whatever you want with it. I have yet to see anyone have anything bad at all happen to them when making the switch to E85 When something bad does happen is their own damn fault.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member

OMG these posts are starting to piss me off. Their are cars that have been running on only e85 for more than 5 years and were not "designed" to run e85 and are just fine. Do some research on other car sites, supra's, evo's, Sti's, they have all been benefiting from e85 for years. Now some of the mustang people are like omg no ones tested it. Is it safe? How about searching and reading before posting this. All the stuff you mentioned has been covered. Can we please stop with the "I am thinking about switching to E85, is it safe?" threads.

Oh and the limits of e85- their are none. You just need to find a way to get more to the engine.

blacknlte

Established Member
If people that dont have much knowledge about E85 and are trying to ask people that do pisses you off soooo much. Why dont you try to help them out instead of throw a fit telling everyone that post like these piss you off. Try being helpfull instead of an @sshole

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
OP, there are some good threads/posts in this distillery section. Just go back like six pages and read through most of them. I did this and it answered most of my questions. GL!

jimc04

Established Member
i did read and searched but before i drop $2,000 i want to ask again just to make sure just like when people ask which blower to get. between the blower and fuel upgrades and a tune its about $6,000 dolllars with me doing the work. so if some people have a problem with this just don't post your comment.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
i did read and searched but before i drop $2,000 i want to ask again just to make sure just like when people ask which blower to get. between the blower and fuel upgrades and a tune its about $6,000 dolllars with me doing the work. so if some people have a problem with this just don't post your comment.

Thats great so you just wanted people to baby you? Because you can't make up your mind based on what you read, you need people to tell you what you just read. Its a public forum, you post your stupid comment, Ill post mine. You don't like what I post, Deal with it.:rollseyes

*Waits for the thread to be cleaned up*

I hope this gets cleaned up.:beer:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
OK guys, this is not Smack Down.

I have cleaned this thread up and I am locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread