Clutch

edrian1

Hey guys I have a brother in law who owns a 08 shelby and his clutch went out and hes been looking around and trying to find out what's a better clutch that could go on instead of the same one. I told him ill help him too and here I am asking if ya could help us out on what clutch is recommended for this beast of car. Thanks

CTL500

Established Member
Without a doubt, tell him to look into the new Centerforce DYAD dual disc clutch. Super light pedal effort, better than stock street manors and will hold 1200 lbs of torque right out of the box. Easy install, no special tools or fitment, direct bolt in and go. I have tried just about everything out there and this one is the best on the market now. Part number 04114805. Goes for around $1500. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey guys I have a brother in law who owns a 08 shelby and his clutch went out and hes been looking around and trying to find out what's a better clutch that could go on instead of the same one. I told him ill help him too and here I am asking if ya could help us out on what clutch is recommended for this beast of car. Thanks

Mcleod RXT.....

It's the best selling, best performing clutch on the market. The RXT offers smooth engagement and light pedal effort equal to or less than stock. It's also going to hold pretty much whatever you throw at it. We run them in the Lethal shop cars with great success and sell hundreds of these things each year.

It's also an excellent time to order one as we have a sale going on all week long for all Mcleod products. From now until the 18th you'll receive 20% off.

Give us a call if you have any questions or need assistance placing the order.

Thanks, Jared

[youtube_browser]x2ghxjMb4R4[/youtube_browser]

mcleodpromo2030offf_zps37f819f9.jpg

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Another vote for the Mcleod RXT. I've been running it for a year and love it, pedal feel is lighter than stock and its much quieter than the stock clutch.

edrian1

I looked at the website but which one who he get? He don't go to the track a lot just daily use and is a slave and flywheel needed or would it be best to buy em while the clutch is out?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Another vote for Mcleod. I went with a RXT because I'm modded and I am well over 600 @ wheels. Plus I also go to the drag strip. For your brother in law, he could probably go with a RST which should fit his needs.

As for the flywheel, you can take a look and see what it looks like. For the slave I would say buy a new one. You can pick them up for a 100$ at rockauto.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I looked at the website but which one who he get? He don't go to the track a lot just daily use and is a slave and flywheel needed or would it be best to buy em while the clutch is out?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

If you have an 07-09 GT500 you'll want the 6918-07. That's the RXT clutch with lightened steel flywheel. If the car has had the TSB done to it and uses the 2010 GT500 clutch then you'll need the 2010+ sprung hub version of the RXT which is 6975-07M.

6918-07
Mcleod Shelby GT500 RXT Street Twin Disc Clutch Kit (Street) - Mcleod - Clutch Kits - Clutches - Transmission - 07-09 Shelby GT500

If the stock slave cylinder is in good condition you can e-use it. If it's leaking or if you just feel like replacing it with a new one we sell the new slave cylinders here.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need assistance placing the order.

Thanks, Jared

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have a 2008 gt500 an my stock clutch started slipping I just ordered a RXT kit with the new flywheel an new OEM slave

Users who are viewing this thread