Clutch/TO bearing Experts Check out this pic

dragon40k

Established Member
My car shifts poorly and the TO bearing makes a little noise and while under the car changing the oil I took the cover off of the bellhousing where the clutch fork goes in. It was very dusty and dirty and i've never had the cover off before. I guess for those that have done clutch jobs does this look normal to you? I would have thought that it would have less of a dusty dirty buildup. I've only felt the clutch slipping one time. Car has maybe 50 track passes but only 7800 miles.
cars007xo3.jpg
cars006kw4.jpg

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
if you are only asking if it seems too dirty i'm no expert but that does not seem excessively dirty to me

what do you mean by your car "shifts poorly"?

dragon40k

Established Member
It seems to catch from one gear to the next like there is something in between each gear. Almost like the clutch isn't disengaging. Its never shifted well and has just gotten worse over time. It cannot be powershifted anymore but i've only done it a few times anyway.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
The buildup looks normal, and it sounds like you need to adjust your clutch. I assume it's the factory quadrant?

These T56's are very "notchy". I wasn't real impressed with how they shift, even when new. It's not just a nice "click click" into gear like some of the older 5 speeds.

Anyway, my vote is bad clutch adjustment.

dragon40k

Established Member
The buildup looks normal, and it sounds like you need to adjust your clutch. I assume it's the factory quadrant?

These T56's are very "notchy". I wasn't real impressed with how they shift, even when new. It's not just a nice "click click" into gear like some of the older 5 speeds.

Anyway, my vote is bad clutch adjustment.

Thanks. By adjustment do you mean an adjustable firewall with quadrant or the typical pull pedal push to floor thing that never works for me.

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
I learned the hard way on adjusting..900 bucks worth....it doesn't look that bad with the info you gave...

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Thanks. By adjustment do you mean an adjustable firewall with quadrant or the typical pull pedal push to floor thing that never works for me.
If you're doing the whole pull push thing, that's probably why you're having problems. Ditch that factory adjuster and go with the aluminum firewall and quadrant and never look back.

Users who are viewing this thread