Clutch Recommendations

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Hey guys

My clutch is beginning to slip and I do not know how long I have until it goes. Any recommendations? I don't need anything aggressive, just a simple upgrade ;-)

Any recommendations?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Tony, most of the fellas seem to go with either 1) Center Force dual friction setup for mostly street driving with an occassional romp, or 2) Centerforce DFX setup for a more aggressive, higher horsepower, fairly frequent track user. Both are very good in their own right with the DF being a little more streetable in some people's opinions.

TRBO VNM

replace with stock? :shrug:

I personally wouldn't run the DF based on the results I have seen. I don't care how much or little hp people had with it. if the stocker worked great for you for a while, just do that.

TRBO VNM

Sailing2Smth said:
Jason

Is this something that carry?

I don't carry it. I can get it, but you can get it at the same price since it is a ford part. I would call FORDSVTPARTS(steve) at tousley ford and see what he would do for you. 10% over cost.

also, undrprsr (Jason) works at Bob Bell and he might be able to match or beat the price and/or work it into a labor fee or something. I would love to do the work, but if he can work a package deal or something it might save you some money.

Or you might be able to find a virtually new one...actually, I might have one available next week with only 5k miles on it. I am doing a full setup NeedCobra's car. I think it is about 5k miles on it. It will be up to him if he sells it or not. Going with a 26 spline I am not sure he would need it again.

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Thanks Jason, I will contact Steve and see what he has.
And I would prefer to do the work myself, but would appreciate your assistance!

TRBO VNM

Almo said:
Spec Stage III... :shrug:

not a bad choice either. I can get these and ram clutches as well. I think Anthony is still about stock. really just up to him. my be cheaper to go with aftermarket than stock anyway. but then you need to decide if you are going to change the flywheel as well.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
TRBO VNM said:
not a bad choice either. I can get these and ram clutches as well. I think Anthony is still about stock. really just up to him. my be cheaper to go with aftermarket than stock anyway. but then you need to decide if you are going to change the flywheel as well.
+1

Predator had a stock clutch setup he was looking to sell awhile back......

Almo

Established Member
Oh yeah... glad you said that. What the heck is wrong with me.

Here is Predator's listing:

I have a stock clutch assembly with less than 2k miles. It includes flywheel, disk and pressure plate. Everything is in excellent condition. I am asking $350.

I also have another assembly with about 5k miles. The flywheel needs resurface because of some heat spots. This also comes with a disk, pressure plate and clutch fork. I am asking $200.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread