clutch protection?

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Hello all, looking for help with an issue on my 12 gt500. Since I had a t56 magnum xl trans installed my first gear acceleration always seems to be limited, it feels flat. I went with the 2.66 first instead of the factory 2.97 because I thought first was too steep . I have a feeling the engine control module may be freaking out and pulling throttle because the engine output compared to the transmission output aren't what the ecm is expecting. I'm not sure how to prove whats going on , I just know it wasn't this way before the trans swap. I've tried two different reputable tuners without resolve. Does anyone here know what I can do to make my car run as though it were throttle by cable? just for testing ,could I pull my speed sensor and still get wot without the ecm shutting everything down? I have no codes at all, just first gear take off lazyness. Once i shift to second the car pulls very hard. Thanks in advance for any help or interest.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I'm far from an expert on this, but I thought only 2013+ had clutch protection?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I do know the transmission gear ratios are a PCM parameter. Do you know if your tuner changed these?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Hello all, looking for help with an issue on my 12 gt500. Since I had a t56 magnum xl trans installed my first gear acceleration always seems to be limited, it feels flat. I went with the 2.66 first instead of the factory 2.97 because I thought first was too steep . I have a feeling the engine control module may be freaking out and pulling throttle because the engine output compared to the transmission output aren't what the ecm is expecting. I'm not sure how to prove whats going on , I just know it wasn't this way before the trans swap. I've tried two different reputable tuners without resolve. Does anyone here know what I can do to make my car run as though it were throttle by cable? just for testing ,could I pull my speed sensor and still get wot without the ecm shutting everything down? I have no codes at all, just first gear take off lazyness. Once i shift to second the car pulls very hard. Thanks in advance for any help or interest.
I've done 4 or 5 of these and maybe yours (screen names are a pain in the ass).

You just plug the values in the grid.

If you want to send me a log with all our normal parameters plus these, I will be happy to look at it.

Oss
Etc position/angle commanded
Etc position/angle actual

Bj

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

heatsoaked12

Established Member
I've done 4 or 5 of these and maybe yours (screen names are a pain in the ass).

You just plug the values in the grid.

If you want to send me a log with all our normal parameters plus these, I will be happy to look at it.

Oss
Etc position/angle commanded
Etc position/angle actual

Bj

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply, I am working on learning to datalog. it may be a while but i will try . My last laptop just died but I will get a new one soon. I hope this can be resolved. I also have a 2.5 upper and a set of cooler plugs, a fanned heat exchanger.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Thanks for the reply, I am working on learning to datalog. it may be a while but i will try . My last laptop just died but I will get a new one soon. I hope this can be resolved. I also have a 2.5 upper and a set of cooler plugs, a fanned heat exchanger.
Just read the instructions on our website in the VMP Garage.

Long story short, I can't fathom that anything is different in your car vs anyone else's. It is a major difference in 1st gear and we have people mention the difference every time we do one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread