clutch pedal wont budge

army_man1014

Established Member
Ok guys I just got a new UPR adjustable cable, I installed it and my clutch pedal wont move at all. Its completely tight. Here is the thread I created a few days ago explaining what happened prior to me snapping my first cable

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/driveline-216/897397-clutch-smoking-then-cable-broke.html

the firewall adjuster is all the way in. Under neath the car the clutch linkage is 3/4" from the end of the linkage attached to fork.

What do you guys think the problem is. Something possibly seize up in my clutch?

TRBO VNM

disconnect clutch cable from fork and see if you can move the fork by hand. it should have little resistance and have 1-2" of play. if it is stuck in place, your TOB is probably siezed on the retainer sleeve and possibly cracked the sleeve. you can look at it through the inspection cover after taking the cable off the fork.

army_man1014

Established Member
hey guys thanks for the advice

I only have 2 small jacks and can get the car about a foot of the ground. I could hardly get under car to disconnect the cable. the Fork was very stiff. I could move it an 1" towards the rear of the car and wouldnt move at all towards front of car.

i was also thinking the TOB seized. SO from what your sayin I could be able to see this from the little inspection cover being off.

Also It would take me the longest time to take that tranny out myself with the equipment I have. If i could get it in the air more, yea no problem but i just dont think its feasible with 2 small 2 ton jacks.

Users who are viewing this thread