Clutch Pedal Vibration

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
I understand, most people who have TOB problems say the same thing but mine makes noise when pushed in, was just wondering what that could be.

03_silver_coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by ADR
I understand, most people who have TOB problems say the same thing but mine makes noise when pushed in, was just wondering what that could be.

Does it Squeal? If so, I think I have read that could also be the TOB

SStupid

Established Member
Verdict, today.

I just got my verdict, today, on the vibrating (when clutch is engaged) clutch pedal: bent TOB. Not the housing......the bearing. Mine would make a rattling (not squealing) noise when clutch was engaged and it would go away when I lightly pushed, or fully pushed, on the clutch pedal. No new tranny needed....this time. It turns out the last time I had clutch work done, they did replace my tranny. I just didn't know it.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Originally posted by ADR

mine also only made the noise when pushed in. it was the TOB rubbing against the retainer sleeve.

replaced the transmission.

now it is making the noise when the clutch is not pushed in. goes away when the peddel is pushed in. Again, it is the TOB rubbing against the retainer.

Going to replace the clutch, tob, pressure plate etc before it gets so bad that the tranny needs replacing again.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
03_silver_coupe - was your clutch vibration problem intermittent then? Another thing mine doesn't seem to do as it does for several of you, is that the vibration doesn't stop when I depress the pedal. That's when I'll feel it most (when it does it.) Again, it rarely does it anymore though.

Users who are viewing this thread