Clutch pedal height adjuster?

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
Ever since I bought my Cobra, I've been annoyed at how the clutch pedal sits so much closer to me than the brake and gas pedals. I wish all 3 pedals were flush.

I see this Maximum Motorsports pedal height adjuster. Does anyone have this piece, or one like it?

I'm curious to know what it adjusts, whether its the height vertically from the floor, which would do me no good at all, or how far the pedal comes back, so I don't have to bring my knee to my chest just to get my foot on the pedal :cuss:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Have you considered a Firewall adjuster and new Alluminum quadrant? Allow some pedal adjustmetn. Personally don't know anything about MM pedal deal sorry.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I bought mine from steeda. Easier to install than the MM and it works great. If you have a firewall adjuster and quadrant than you definitely need this. It will take all the slack out of the pedal and can be adjusted so that all three pedals are the same height. Definitely worth the $20.

Stitch

Established Member
I ran MM's on my V6. You will have to have an adjustable cable or a firewall adjuster. Once you get it dialed in its very nice.

OrangeMachine

Established Member
How hard is the firewall adjuster to install? I was installing my xm radio the other day and I was looking at the stock quadrant and it looks like a mother to get to and work with.

chuckstang

Established Member
hmmm, i have a firewall adjuster, but for me, when i turn mine to the right, it actually lowers the height of the pedal like what you all are talking about, which i know i dont think is right, but i had to turn in it way back to the left to get the proper release and all. i have a ram powergrip clutch on their as well. someone told me to have my clutch set so it engages higher off the ground, mine is so high i have that same knee hitting my chest feeling as well

CY98Cobra

Established Member
When you lower the pedal with the firewall adjuster it creates a bunch of slack in the pedal. With the pedal height adjuster, you can adjust it so you can have the pedal low to the floor but not have the slack that it would with just a firewall adjuster. Makes a big difference when driving and trying to shift fast.

4-timer

Established Member
You do need the firewall adjuster and quadrant. I used all Steeda parts. Smoother clutch travel in addition to better pedal height.

chuckstang

Established Member
black 98 cobra, could you elaborate on that point you made, cause i am curious, i have never had this slack before until i just put in my new ram clutch. i do have a firewall ajuster and some aftermarket quadrant, but never until now does it lower the engagment point but at the same time it just adds slack to the top of its travel ?? thx

CY98Cobra

Established Member
The pedal adjuster has a screw that you can adjust towards the floor. The screw will actually touch the clutch pedal. This will allow you to have a point to adjust the pedal against so the pedal will not have the slack. You can adjust the screw up or down and keep the pedal tight and slack free.

Here's pic from Steeda's website to give you an idea of how it works.
555-7025-450.jpg

Here's the product page on Steeda's website. http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/555-7025.htm

chuckstang

Established Member
hmmm, that looks great
Im just trying to figure out why I never had any slack on my other clutch but now with my Ram clutch I have some slack at the top :( but that thing appears like a dream

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I don't know why you would have slack after changing clutches. I always had slack in mine (until the adjuster that is).

Users who are viewing this thread