Clutch issues

07stuntin6r

Established Member
Got this car not long ago previous owner stated new clutch was installed. When I got it there was TOB noise but goes away when clutch engaged. Clutch pedal is stiff and clutch he thinks was an exedy prob stock replacement.

Anyways got off interstate today and clutch pedal was super easy to press very odd. Didn't even want to engage it again. When I did it was stiff again. I'm lost looked at the aftermarket quadrant and adjuster and it seemed fine. About to order the MM kit and heat shield unless there's other solutions I should look Into first.

For the record this is the first time it's done this in 2k miles of driving.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I have been under the impression that noise, that stops when the clutch is pressed, is not the throw out bearing. This would point to bad input shaft bearings, or other internal trans issues.

Am I wrong?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nomoretickets

Established Member
I have been under the impression that noise, that stops when the clutch is pressed, is not the throw out bearing. This would point to bad input shaft bearings, or other internal trans issues.

Am I wrong?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

If there is a squeek/rattle/etc. noise when the clutch is fully engaged (foot totally off pedal) that goes away once pressure is placed on the pedal, that is almost always going to be a throw out bearing.

That said, OP seems to be having some problem with his clutch beyond just the TB going bad. Without driving the car, its hard to say. I for one would be concerned about it being the actual clutch itself. Previous owner stated it was a new clutch, but it was making TOB noises and has pedal issues from the get go? That would make me skeptical about the clutch being replaced, or that it was done correctly.

07stuntin6r

Established Member
Correct I am for sure the TOB is an issue. No noise when foot of pedal and fully pressed only when my foot is on the pedal resting. The clutch is stiff, but it has never done what it did before. Only thing that sucks is I have LTs and changing the clutch I heard is a pain with those on.

07stuntin6r

Established Member
Might actually be your cable giving out or it's streched way far. Mine did the same thing till it finally snapped one day. I bought the maximum Motorsports full kit and haven't had a problem since

Sent from my LG-H900 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I am going to get this kit as well. Good insurance since the prev owner didn't think he got a new cable so this one prob has about 88k on it.

nomoretickets

Established Member
Correct I am for sure the TOB is an issue. No noise when foot of pedal and fully pressed only when my foot is on the pedal resting. The clutch is stiff, but it has never done what it did before. Only thing that sucks is I have LTs and changing the clutch I heard is a pain with those on.

Yea, at this point, you are probably going to have to drop the tranny. Unfortunately, you are correct. I cant remember which side it is, but you will have to unbolt at least one of your LT's to get the tranny down. Good luck and keep us posted on this.

07stuntin6r

Established Member
Yea, at this point, you are probably going to have to drop the tranny. Unfortunately, you are correct. I cant remember which side it is, but you will have to unbolt at least one of your LT's to get the tranny down. Good luck and keep us posted on this.
I did find out my cable was made in Taiwan today...

07stuntin6r

Established Member
How did you find that out?
Lol
4756cf9a8a98e0a54b5f01a2ec8d6cdc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread