Votes: 233 71.5%
  • dude, relax, there's no right answer, it's all the same

Votes: 44 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

i8u

Established Member
Riding the clutch and holding the vehicle on an incline by using the clutch as a brake will cause the disc and release bearing to wear rapidly. Hope this helps.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
tob tob tob...

put in nute

leave foot off of pedal... usually refered to as "engaged" when foot is off of pedal.

:beer:

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
P.S also very drunk and not entirely here.

just ignore. lol

okay... who was it who voted.... really

Last edited:

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by ygohome
P.S also very drunk and not entirely here.

just ignore. lol

okay... who was it who voted.... really

Not sure, I know I did when I saw it. But someone else brought it back before I voted I know that much.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
well....to save wear and tear...take it out of gear and let the clutch out....from a safety standpoint....if something happens in that you will have to get the hell out of the way for some accident or something..then leave the car in 1st with the clutch in is better. Cause if something happens that needs you to move out of the way as fast as possible....by the time the car is back in gear and you let the clutch out...it could be all over.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

C_Record

Established Member
Originally posted by BBriBro
I can sympathize with that !!! It's really frustrating for me to help out my mom or sister with computer probs ! :) They think I am rude and have no patience, But I get so sick of repeating simple things, Like "see the start button in the lower left? Click that, then settings, then control panel, Etc" too funny
Oh man, really really sorry to go off subject here but you get a big:bash: in my book. "Simple things" are simple to you because you're an experienced computer user. For people who don't know anything about them or don't use them regularly, any little thing will be a challenge. You can't get frustrated with people who don't have your knowledge, one way to make your job easier is to encourage them to learn. I've been a sys/network admin for about 15 years, I have had techs work for me who ARE rude and have no patience. You gotta be a people-person and have patience to work in this business!

BBriBro

Established Member
I posted that over 7 months ago, and you're quoting me now? What is wrong with this thread? I think I'll have to unsubscribe.

C_Record

Established Member
Originally posted by BBriBro
I posted that over 7 months ago, and you're quoting me now? What is wrong with this thread? I think I'll have to unsubscribe.
Wow, that was a while back. Don't unsubscribe on my account, I didn't revive this thread. Just didn't realize it was so old, and I don't usually post unless something strikes a nerve. Sorry.

Last edited:

03kobra

Established Member
always leave clutch out and in nuetral, then when light changes...go..simple huh?

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Just to add more to the whole double-clutching/rev-matching thing. This is how I and a bunch of people I know do it...the foot position is reversed from the other picture but I feel this way gives you more control and it toally depends on how big your feet are. The RPM's and speed are not accurate, only chosen for illustration!

rev-match.jpg

BlackGT

SVT God
Established Member
trans is also lubricated by a method called "splash and spray" as long as the clutch is disengaged *in* it does not do this but when its engaged pedal *out* then its lubed idk anyone covered it already??

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Rev matching a downshift is not a 9 step process.

It's brake, push clutch in, blip throttle + downshift, release clutch.

There's no need to put the car in neutral and release the clutch, then rev, then push the clutch back in to shift to a lower gear, that doesn't make any sense.

Do the blipping and downshifting at the same time and don't stop in neutral to rev it, lol.

Old threads own. :D :pepper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread