Clutch help

stang910

Established Member
I'm installing a 6060 in my GT soon and was gonna use the 2010 OEM GT500 clutch, but don't know if it'll hold up to the power I want to run. I'm looking to push between 600 and 650 rwhp and the car will see the drag strip frequently. Is this a bad Idea? If you guys think I should avoid the OEM clutch I'm going with the Mcleod RXT. The only reason I would pick the OEM over the Mcleod is cause I feel I'd have the least amount of trouble with it as far as disengaging and allowing smooth operation of 1st and reverse.

Zeke0123

Established Member
I'm installing a 6060 in my GT soon and was gonna use the 2010 OEM GT500 clutch, but don't know if it'll hold up to the power I want to run. I'm looking to push between 600 and 650 rwhp and the car will see the drag strip frequently. Is this a bad Idea? If you guys think I should avoid the OEM clutch I'm going with the Mcleod RXT. The only reason I would pick the OEM over the Mcleod is cause I feel I'd have the least amount of trouble with it as far as disengaging and allowing smooth operation of 1st and reverse.
the stock clutch will hold up but it might chew up your flywheel.

stang910

Established Member
the stock clutch will hold up but it might chew up your flywheel.

Could you elaborate a little more. Would an aftermarket clutch be better suited for me. I currently have a Mcleod RST (10 spline) and its a great clutch, but I don't feel it disengages correctly cause 1st and reverse are a little stubborn and I want that gone when I install the 6060.

Zeke0123

Established Member
Could you elaborate a little more. Would an aftermarket clutch be better suited for me. I currently have a Mcleod RST (10 spline) and its a great clutch, but I don't feel it disengages correctly cause 1st and reverse are a little stubborn and I want that gone when I install the 6060.

Sorry Stang I let someone else pick this up.. the Clutches changes in 2010 to organic...my bad.

Users who are viewing this thread