Clutch going out at 23.5k miles?

01bluesnake

Established Member
Wtf?? Something doesn't sound right, she may of rambled off another customers repair if distracted. They are known to be very retarded at times, I know first hand. Either way, hope the car is fixed.

It could be a purge Solenoid that caused the stalling, and op confused this and the car shuddering for clutch.

Last edited:

CobraHuck

Established Member
Wtf?? Something doesn't sound right, she may of rambled off another customers repair if distracted. They are known to be very retarded at times, I know first hand. Either way, hope the car is fixed.

It could be a purge Solenoid that caused the stalling, and op confused this and the car shuddering for clutch.

I didn't think about her reading someone else's repair, that could be. The car never stalled, it was definitely a clutch chatter/something loose in the trans sound tho.

CobraHuck

Established Member
Aight so I got the car back tonight. The 3 complaints were:

-check to see if the car's had the trans fluid changed out, if not change it out
-engine knock on the lower front of the engine, think it may be ac/timing cover known knock
-clutch chattering/making noise/not driving right

On the phone, the lady said it was a EVAP purge solenoid causing the knock. I used to be able to feel it in the clutch as well, that's gone too. This is all that's on the bill.

As far as the trans, nothing is on the bill at all. I'm gonna call them tomorrow cuz they had to have changed the fluid. It's never shifted this smooth and the clutch issue is non-existent. It drives great now! There's a little more gear noise with the new fluid, but that's no big deal

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread