Clutch/ flywheel/26 spline input shaft upgrade/

04cobra7788

Established Member
I'm looking to upgrade my factory clutch and flywheel as well as the 26 spline input shaft. I'm thinking about going with the SPEC stage 2 with the spec aluminum fly wheel. Any suggestions on this upgrade as far as if the stage 2 is a good choice and if its necessary for the aluminum flywheel upgrade ?

01yellercobra

Established Member
What's the intended use of the car and eventual power goals? That makes a difference in clutch selection.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I just bought the 26spline upgrade and picked up a McLeod RXT and McLeod Aluminum Flywheel.

Car is getting a compression bump, 2.3 TVS Gen 2 3.1” pulley, E85.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Buy the best you can afford so you’re not doing it twice. I had to put a clutch in for the second time this year because the first one wouldn’t hold the power.
However food for thought, if you go mcleod and buy an rst it can be upgraded to an rxt for $500 which is pretty much the price gap between the two buying new. That’s what I ended up doing and it’s allot better than paying 1k+ for a new clutch when I already had $700 into the rst.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
My Cobra is almost stock. I put a spec stage 3 in and driving my Cobra was like driving a dump truck. Worst clutch i've ever owned.

I switched to a McLeod rst and flywheel. Love it and love driving my Cobra now.

You couldn't pay me to run a spec clutch now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

04cobra7788

Established Member
My Cobra is almost stock. I put a spec stage 3 in and driving my Cobra was like driving a dump truck. Worst clutch i've ever owned.

I switched to a McLeod rst and flywheel. Love it and love driving my Cobra now.

You couldn't pay me to run a spec clutch now.

So your using the mcleod rst twin disc and your cobra is pretty much stock ?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
So your using the mcleod rst twin disc and your cobra is pretty much stock ?
Yes sir. Has a tune in it to run a 100 shot of Nitrous on track days, but I've only ran it on Nitrous twice.

Other than that it's basic bolt ons. I'm even running the stock pulley still lol.

GodStang

Established Member
SPEC clutch or Centerforce DFX clutch is more than most cars on here will ever need. If you just go money coming out your ass then Mcloed is not a bad choice. The Centerforce DFX and Fidenza Flywheel I just pulled off my car did fine till 800rw. The only reason I pulled them off was I got a deal on a Centerforce Dyad for half off.

Users who are viewing this thread