Clutch cable snapped! Help!

KingcobraCT427

Established Member
I have a 2003 cobra with mods, I just installed a spec stage 3 clutch along with a spec billet flywheel,also installed the clutch kit from americanmuscle.com, I was drving yesterday and pedal went to the floor, the plastic ferring broke on the cable, any ideas why it broke? or is there a better cable out there that is stronger? Thanks guys.

prostkr

Established Member
oem ford is the best you can get. Double check the cable routing if its not factory and secured to the frame right they tend to wear our and break prematurely.

TRBO VNM

I have a 2003 cobra with mods, I just installed a spec stage 3 clutch along with a spec billet flywheel,also installed the clutch kit from americanmuscle.com, I was drving yesterday and pedal went to the floor, the plastic ferring broke on the cable, any ideas why it broke? or is there a better cable out there that is stronger? Thanks guys.

huh? pics

2001blkR

Established Member
Do you have an aftermarket metal quadrant? If so, if it is not lined up perfect the cable will start to fray and then break.

KingcobraCT427

Established Member
How long are your oem cables lasting on modified cars? and also the cable itself is not breaking, the plastic ferring is separating

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread