Clutch, Cable, or quadrant?

Spoolx

Established Member
So I took the car to the track tonight and ran like crap, after the first pass the tranny is really really hard to shift..
I figured it was just overheated but anyhow its still really bad on the ride home, it shifts like crap and it clunks into every gear..
I am thinking clutch but not sure if I can rule out the cable or quadrant.

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
Mine started shifting really rough before the adjustable cable on it snapped. Bought a stock cable and fixed mine. You could inspect your cable and see if its frayed anywhere.

Spoolx

Established Member
I will probably put a washer in between the cable and clutch fork just to shim it out and see if it gets better, I think that should prove cable problems

skratpiece

Established Member
No washer. That's not necessary. With stock quadrant, you can adjust it back to where it's supposed to be by ratcheting the teeth backwards. Certain way to do it. It's easy. Look into it.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
richgill if you haven't installed one already i would highly recommend an aftermarket quadrant/adjustable firewall setup. it remains the single best mod i have done to my car. before i did it i was plagued with shifting difficulties.

but in the meantime you can try to tighten the cable up with the stock adjuster, and there is a good thread in the how-to section on how to do it. best of luck with it!

Users who are viewing this thread