clunk?

Clipboard

Established Member
first rain of the year for me and my mustang decided to start clunkin.

2013 mustang gt with bmr springs and lca's.

its an intermittent clunk between 20-40 mph
sounds like its right behind drivers seat
doesnt matter what gear im in

any thoughts? im thinkin its the driveshaft

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
If your LCAs have rod ends, then its those. If not then not sure. Rod ends are notorious for going bad. Avoid suspension parts that have them. Especially the adjustable panhard rods with them.

grnenvy

Established Member
If u have a one piece DS they like to clunk. Go over the suspension and make sure everything u changed is tight.
Once u start changing the suspension all the noises start.

BMR Tech

first rain of the year for me and my mustang decided to start clunkin.

2013 mustang gt with bmr springs and lca's.

its an intermittent clunk between 20-40 mph
sounds like its right behind drivers seat
doesnt matter what gear im in

any thoughts? im thinkin its the driveshaft

Call me, let's see what we can figure out. :beer:

If your LCAs have rod ends, then its those. If not then not sure. Rod ends are notorious for going bad. Avoid suspension parts that have them. Especially the adjustable panhard rods with them.

I agree that they can make noise, but, this is bad information. We have Rod-End LCA and PHR on our car since 2010 - and after inspecting them a few weeks back, they are still within spec and clunk free. They do increase NVH, though.

If u have a one piece DS they like to clunk. Go over the suspension and make sure everything u changed is tight.
Once u start changing the suspension all the noises start.

So do 2-piece stockers, with some mileage and abuse on them - especially with a manual trans. :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with rod ends as long as they stay greased. Ive had them on all my mustangs.

I agree. We don't even grease ours, though.

UnleashedBeast runs our rod-end parts (and he is very picky) - and says they provide no more NVH, for him. He is attributing it to the AMSoil MPhd Metal Protector (basically motorcycle chain lube) He swears by it.

Clipboard

Established Member
Call me, let's see what we can figure out. :beer:

I agree that they can make noise, but, this is bad information. We have Rod-End LCA and PHR on our car since 2010 - and after inspecting them a few weeks back, they are still within spec and clunk free. They do increase NVH, though.

So do 2-piece stockers, with some mileage and abuse on them - especially with a manual trans. :thumbsup:

I agree. We don't even grease ours, though.

UnleashedBeast runs our rod-end parts (and he is very picky) - and says they provide no more NVH, for him. He is attributing it to the AMSoil MPhd Metal Protector (basically motorcycle chain lube) He swears by it.

none of my parts are recently installed. The LCA's are steeda billets. im about to pull the car in the garage and check it out right now. I will update.

Clipboard

Established Member
the driveshaft is not hitting any part of the exhaust. all my suspension parts are fine. is play in the driveshaft carrier normal? moves up and down side to side a little.

Users who are viewing this thread