Clost to stock terminator vs c5z...what ya think

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
so im driving to work today, im running a little late so im going down the freeway at like 85mph...and i see a c5z merging on to the freeway, and sounded pretty nice, it had an exhaust for sure.

i start slowind down and im thinking why not...guy looks over and i give him the nod...he looked to be in his early 20s

i drop into 2nd gear at 50mph and honk it off...off the hit we are DEAD even...as soon as i hit 3rd he has at my side mirror, top of 3rd as i shift into 4th hes at my quarter panel...by the top of 4th we were at about 130 and he was at my rear bumper...

i thought i was going to lose FOR SURE; BUT i just wanted to see how i would do against one and where i stand.

my mods are: K&N drop in filter, bassani o/r x, and weld in flows.

feel free to comment!! :rockon::burnout:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Car is a Vert right ?
If so your about 3900 lbs , not sure about that but there is about a 700 lb difference..
I would think he should have pulled you without a pulley ..
Either way great race!:rockon:

divided

Established Member
You beat the driver. But we all know anything can happen on the street.
+1 on the pulley sealing the deal.

evo connevo

Established Member
Maybe it was an 01z, they are slightly slower? If he was in the wrong gear it wouldn't have been close.

Quik Z06

Established Member
^ Even an 01 Z should pull, they are not much slower. Again, as mentioned you beat the driver. My 03 Cobra with bolt ons and pulley could not beat our intake, exhaust Z06.

TrickStang37

Established Member
so im driving to work today, im running a little late so im going down the freeway at like 85mph...and i see a c5z merging on to the freeway, and sounded pretty nice, it had an exhaust for sure.

i start slowind down and im thinking why not...guy looks over and i give him the nod...he looked to be in his early 20s

i drop into 2nd gear at 50mph and honk it off...off the hit we are DEAD even...as soon as i hit 3rd he has at my side mirror, top of 3rd as i shift into 4th hes at my quarter panel...by the top of 4th we were at about 130 and he was at my rear bumper...

i thought i was going to lose FOR SURE; BUT i just wanted to see how i would do against one and where i stand.

my mods are: K&N drop in filter, bassani o/r x, and weld in flows.

feel free to comment!! :rockon::burnout:
good kill, sounds like a good race.

3780 lbs. / 400 rwhp vs. 3120 lbs. / 345 rwhp

maybe you hit just a pinch before him? either that, or you slightly outdrove him. again, good kill.

NVR KNO

Z06 + SVT
Established Member
Maybe it was an 01z, they are slightly slower? If he was in the wrong gear it wouldn't have been close.

Doesnt matter if it was an 01. I own a 01 and my car "bone stock" put down 352rwhp.... On 2 different dynos, so. With only a Halltech Intake, I gained 10rwhp also. Ive run bottom 12's multiple times in my car on street tires.

NVR KNO

Z06 + SVT
Established Member
^ Even an 01 Z should pull, they are not much slower. Again, as mentioned you beat the driver. My 03 Cobra with bolt ons and pulley could not beat our intake, exhaust Z06.

X2.... I own a 03 Cobra as well and before I put the ported blower on, I had the same results with my 01 Z06.

loudpipes

Cheating Death Since '81
Established Member
there could be a plethora of reasons the cobra won. balding tires, slipping clutch, hell dude couldve been running 87 octane for all we know, haha.

good kill for sure! now mod it up and give us Z06s some hell! :)

Deuuuce

Established Member
Ah but no one mentioned it could have been an LS1 FRC and NOT a real Z-06!

Especially accounting for the weight differential, the a C5Z should definitely have walked him.

Nice run regardless, beating a C5 driven with enthusiasm but with questionable skill.

KILRSVT

Established Member
yup...i was expecting a loss too; just wanted to see how i would do.

Well you did pretty well:-D For a cobra with a stock pulley its pretty surprising to smoke a z06. wether he was a bad driver or clutch was slippin you still got him.:coolman: What part of the bay area are you at?:uh oh:

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
good kill, sounds like a good race.

3780 lbs. / 400 rwhp vs. 3120 lbs. / 345 rwhp

maybe you hit just a pinch before him? either that, or you slightly outdrove him. again, good kill.

01Z = 385HP

02-04Z = 405HP

Unless you meant RWHP but you said the BHP for a cobra so . . .

I think you confused that with the normal vettes. :beer:

Also, i have both and yea you beat the driver there, either way nice race.

jeffs

Established Member
Bla, bla ,bla, you won good job, don't let others make you feel like you accomplished less. Way to represent the blue oval man.

Users who are viewing this thread