CLK AMG Black Series in Pendleton

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Anybody see this car around? It's white and looks to be one of the first model Black Series. Saw it heading towards Pulgas coming from Horno on Basilone. I just want to know what MOS will get you something like that? Street corner pharmaceuticals? Haha. Car was sick looking though.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Anybody see this car around? It's white and looks to be one of the first model Black Series. Saw it heading towards Pulgas coming from Horno on Basilone. I just want to know what MOS will get you something like that? Street corner pharmaceuticals? Haha. Car was sick looking though.
Back in '08 there was a brand new snakeskin green viper in Del Mar, thats $100k new. Yes its not black series money, but back then reupping in a tax free zone (iraq, afg, at sea) in some combat MOS's had +60k bonuses.

I bet an officer owns that black series. Its not hard to see, college boy goes to ocs and becomes an officer. My former LT came from a rich NY family whose father and brothers were former Marine Officers. He works at wall street now, lol.

Did you reup?

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Hell no! I get out Tuesday! Lol. I overheard the career planner saying Opfor package bonuses are only $9500 now! My buddy reupped a few months ago and got in on the $30k bonus but not tax free as we were in Oki.

General Amos is here today for a change of command so it could have been some high roller, maybe not even military, but I'm gonna assume it is of course. There's a kid over in 2/1 or 1/1 with a GTR. Apparently his dad knows a Nissan exec which is how he got it supposedly, but he can barely pay the insurance. There's a Bentley Continental I've seen rolling around too. There are a lot of guys here that come from wealthy families so it's not completely surprising.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I'm thinking its used and if you stayed in you will be seeing squad leaders getting used zr1's with their reenlistment bonus. lol

When i stepped on the yellow foot prints, I knew i was only doing four... lol. You must've done 5 or 5.5 years being in SF right?

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I'm thinking its used and if you stayed in you will be seeing squad leaders getting used zr1's with their reenlistment bonus. lol

When i stepped on the yellow foot prints, I knew i was only doing four... lol. You must've done 5 or 5.5 years being in SF right?

Someone just told me it's the father of a Marine who owns it. Makes more sense.

Yeah I did 5 but put in a VEERP so I knocked 2 months off in order to go to school. They took forever though so my terminal consists of 20 days of PTAD and 2 days of terminal, I'm selling back 47 days! Haha. I should have been out June 5th.

Things are getting gay here also so I have no desire to stay. Lots of politics and I don't want to be here when the females show up lol.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
When I was in the USAF, I knew an Airman who was independently wealthy. He had expensive cars and even had his own Cessna at the local airport.

His family owned several businesses in Hawaii, with a couple that he personally started and owned. He joined the military because he genuinely wanted to serve and see the world, as it were.

What's funny is, he did this thing with girls he dated:

Among his several cars, he had a beat up, pink-primered 1981 Accord (this was in the early 90's). He'd always pick up his dates in the Accord, presenting himself as this poor Airman, which isn't really a stretch. If the girl was still around after three dates, on the fourth date, he'd pick her up in his Jag, take her to the airport and to his plane, and fly her to L.A. for dinner (this was in AZ).

Last edited:

Krn737

Proud To Serve
Established Member
There a bunch of nice cars on my base down in Coronado. There's at least one GTR, many new corvettes, some Z06s, etc. A lot of the SF guys get nice bonuses and either spend it on their Toyota Tacoma's and camping gear or they spend it on high end cars. It seems to be one or the other. There is a Captain that has an Aston Martin. Not sure which one it is but its a sexy car.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Whenever I see a really expensive car around here (Fort Gordon), I usually assume it belongs to a contractor. Although apparently one of the previous Army commanders here had a 911 Turbo.

Nolan

Established Member
Often, but not always, contractors. Have a contractor buddy with an '07 Murci LP, one with a '12 R8 5.2, and a few with other neat stuff. If you want to be that guy who blows most of a year's tax free deployment earnings on a car when you get back to the US, you can. Both of those dudes work on base and make normal money now, living normal lives. They just have exotics sitting in the two car garage of a house on which they still have a mortgage.

Users who are viewing this thread