Clear Protection film

C0bra99

Established Member
I've never heard of someone paying over $700- unless at a dealership.

A friends 458 had his done for $700.

re6uvugy.jpg
I got mine done with 3M, windows tinted and total care protections for $1000. So you can get a deal at the dealership if you try:D:D.

662HP631TQ

Established Member
So Matte Finish? I was just quoted $999 for complete front kit. I didn't discuss the Matte for the hood but does it work? Any pics ou there Especially DIB with black stripes?
I want to get this done right and not mess it up guys! Please help me. I asked for XPEL Ultimate complete front end job. I'll have to ask for the matte finish! Please any advice and pictures...

Thanks AND Sorry to kind of thread jack.

shelbysvt

Established Member
If you go matte finish on everything I would presume the car wouldn't look as glossy as before. Same as if you go regular on matte stripes it makes the matte stripes glossy.

Now I could be wrong and my logical deduction may be off.

I would say go normal on the car and just tell them not to cover the stripes.

eagle eye

Established Member
So Matte Finish? I was just quoted $999 for complete front kit. I didn't discuss the Matte for the hood but does it work? Any pics ou there Especially DIB with black stripes?
I want to get this done right and not mess it up guys! Please help me. I asked for XPEL Ultimate complete front end job. I'll have to ask for the matte finish! Please any advice and pictures...

Since your talking price, I paid $1700 for the Xpel Ultimate. I had it installed by a factory trained installer who works for himself.
I have a lot of coverage but I feel more comfortable with my decision , especially after seeing some of the rockers and lower door panels on this forum getting dinged up.
Did I pay to much?
The installer came to my house to do the install and he was very meticulous. I don't mind paying extra for - meticulous.
Go on Xpel's website and you can check out the different kits they have and the prices.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Since your talking price, I paid $1700 for the Xpel Ultimate. I had it installed by a factory trained installer who works for himself.
I have a lot of coverage but I feel more comfortable with my decision , especially after seeing some of the rockers and lower door panels on this forum getting dinged up.
Did I pay to much?
The installer came to my house to do the install and he was very meticulous. I don't mind paying extra for - meticulous.
Go on Xpel's website and you can check out the different kits they have and the prices.

What parts of the car did he cover?

eagle eye

Established Member
What parts of the car did he cover?

The entire front bumper cover, (incl. the top) grille opening, headlights, fogs,entire hood(minus the stripe),entire frt fenders,A-pillars,full rockers, door pucks, mirrors, lower quarters(behind the wheels), both doors from the stripe down, both rear doglegs, and the two metal pieces in front and behind the glass roof.

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member

^^^^^ Should I go all mat on the front end? Bumper has stripe areas too.

Use the matte film on the stripes only ! (hood and bumper)

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
The entire front bumper cover, (incl. the top) grille opening, headlights, fogs,entire hood(minus the stripe),entire frt fenders,A-pillars,full rockers, door pucks, mirrors, lower quarters(behind the wheels), both doors from the stripe down, both rear doglegs, and the two metal pieces in front and behind the glass roof.

Ok- so you got alot extra than your standard kit.

Usually it's just the front of the car- so your price makes sense with all of the extras you got.

eagle eye

Established Member
Ok- so you got alot extra than your standard kit.

Usually it's just the front of the car- so your price makes sense with all of the extras you got.

Yes.
The original estimate I had, was $700 for the entire frt. bumper cover, bikini hood, mirrors and A pillars. Didn't want to spend $1700 but I figured I would be getting, what I thought, maximum coverage without doing the entire car, which by the way, would have been $3500.
I was able to personally see his work prior to hiring him.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Can the clear bras be polished? Even the covering will get scratched/pitted over time.

Kapy

Established Member
Hey guys if you want to check out Xpel.com they show pricing for the kits on our GT5's.

I am talking with a local installer as of late and he basically told me to add $50.00 in labor to each of the kit prices to get an accurate price on installation and purchase of the protective film.

I am thinking about doing the 24 inch Bikini OEM stripe kit, Grille and Bumper Kit and rocker panel kit. Adding his labor I am already up to $950.00 for this install.

shelbysvt

Established Member
Did I pay to much?

Who did you get all of this installed from?

Users who are viewing this thread