Cleaning Products

CobraLov3r

Established Member
Well Spring/Summer is right around the corner even though the temperatures don't feel like it, at least in CT here. I just got my first cobra in December 2013. What do you guys use to wash the car with, and nothing that would be too harsh on the wax for a long lasting shine. All suggestions/advice is welcome, I don't mind paying for top dollar products if they're proven to be worth the cost.

Also any suggestions on best products to clean my bassani 4" tips with?

SVTmystic290

Established Member
I prefer Zaino products on my Cobra. Im sure you will get many different answers as stated above, doesnt hurt to give a few different ones a try.

On another note I think we followed each other on Instagram recently, didnt realize you were in CT. Look forward to seeing the car at some meets this summer hopefully. And congrats on your first Cobra!

weaselp1

Established Member
I prefer Zaino products on my Cobra. Im sure you will get many different answers as stated above, doesnt hurt to give a few different ones a try.

On another note I think we followed each other on Instagram recently, didnt realize you were in CT. Look forward to seeing the car at some meets this summer hopefully. And congrats on your first Cobra!

^this ...i use zaino for all of my interior leather on all of my cars ..the cleaner and leather in a bottle give your car that new car smell.

exterior...i switch it up and change products...but i always get higher quality brands.. some places sell small trial sizes...pick those up and you will find out what works for you!

03' White Snake

Established Member
I like using Maguires professional series products. Like stated, everyone is different.

Autogeek.com has tons of detailing information too.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Car care products will drive you crazier that just modding your car - so many different products and opinions. My current setup is two bucket ONR using the Opti-mitt sponge and distilled water since I don't have soft water available. I think I'm going to try switching to adding in some Calgon to my buckets instead. Distilled doesn't really cost anything, but it's PITA to buy and transport. I figured this would work well since my car doesn't ever get any actual dirt on it. It's basically like giving your car a sponge bath - plenty of videos on youtube. It's sort of unsatisfying but no worries about water in all the crevices.

I might try something else, but my hard water is holding me back, the work it takes to get the spots off after the wash is bad for the paint so I'm trying to avoid that.

Best tip I've read and found to be true is avoid the detail sprays as a quick clean solution, just leave it a little dirty untill you can really wash it. You want to rinse away the dirt, not rub it away. If you have a good coat of wax it should even allow you to leave bird shit and bug guts as they are until you can do a proper wash without worrying. But if you must use a spray wipe of some kind for bird\bug spots, I've found Ultima Waterless to be good and definitely better than all the auto store detail sprays I've ever used.

Users who are viewing this thread