Classic Japanese Car show, Irvine CA Pics

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Damn, original Prince Skyline with an RB26 running ITBs? How rare must that be?

I read a story once about a US military guy that lived in Japan and bought an original 70's skyline. He tried to export it home with him to the US and wasn't allowed, plus got death threats from people because the car has such a history over there.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice show! Surprised me! I thought I was going to see a bunch of riced out imports. Nice to see some classic Japanese cars like this.

quick04gti

Established Member
Damn, original Prince Skyline with an RB26 running ITBs? How rare must that be?

I read a story once about a US military guy that lived in Japan and bought an original 70's skyline. He tried to export it home with him to the US and wasn't allowed, plus got death threats from people because the car has such a history over there.

yeah i read that to its a bigggggg no no:nono:

wayboarder

Established Member
I am a huge fan of the datsun dimes. The neighbor next door has a baby blue SR20det powered 510. The thing is super clean. He was the one that informed me about the show and I am super glad I went. About 2 years ago I restored a 72 datsun 240Z. Dropped the 2.8 six in it with the Individual throttle bodies. Its now sitting in texas somewhere. Id love to see that thing again and a 510 or another Z car will probably be the next build when I finish the Syclone.

Users who are viewing this thread