Classic cars and there values

paynecasey

Established Member
I find it amazing that given two ore more cars in the past can have vastly different followings and used car prices.

Take for instance the Dodge Viper. Those cars seam to refuse to go down in price. Same goes for the Nissan GTR. But then there is Corvettes, an amazing car yet so affordable after so many years. Also Porsches, base 911's are so affordable similar to the Corvette. I'm sure a lot has to do with Corvette and Porsche high production levels compared to something like the Viper.

One car or brand that has spiked in price is old 70's Hemi powered cars.

It presents an opportunity to own something awesome the tha car buying camp hasn't spiked in price.

What cars do you love that are still affordable?

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I find it amazing that given two ore more cars in the past can have vastly different followings and used car prices.

Take for instance the Dodge Viper. Those cars seam to refuse to go down in price. Same goes for the Nissan GTR. But then there is Corvettes, an amazing car yet so affordable after so many years. Also Porsches, base 911's are so affordable similar to the Corvette. I'm sure a lot has to do with Corvette and Porsche high production levels compared to something like the Viper.

One car or brand that has spiked in price is old 70's Hemi powered cars.

It presents an opportunity to own something awesome the tha car buying camp hasn't spiked in price.

What cars do you love that are still affordable?

THere ya go!

Supply and demand baby.

I noticed that late 60's Camaros run SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive than Firebirds of the same year...

IDK I would take the pontiac and save the $$

paynecasey

Established Member
I think it would be awesome at point to own and keep a 66 - 80 Porsche 911. Sure there weak and the engine is in the back but they are balanced. Good enough power. Classic non cheap interior. Sexy body lines. Fun to drive. I could see my self buying that before a 2010+ V8 car.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
THere ya go!

Supply and demand baby.

I noticed that late 60's Camaros run SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive than Firebirds of the same year...

Finding a nice 67-69 fbird is nowhere near as easy as finding a nice camaro. Firebirds are better anyway:rockon:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
THere ya go!

Supply and demand baby.

Finding a nice 67-69 fbird is nowhere near as easy as finding a nice camaro. Firebirds are better anyway:rockon:

Rock on Gentleman!

In regards to classic pricing, it's not always about supply and demand, although that does play a factor. Herritage and importance of a car create a lot of the pricing. This is why even though the Firebird as an example here is a much more rare care than the camaro, they don't pull the same market figures.

Although that is starting to change.

Here's a good example. Take the Dodge Daytona vs. a Ferrari Daytona. There are far more of the Ferrari's running around, but one could argue that the dodge is the more important car. However because the Ferrari is Penin/Ferino, add several hundred thousand to the price. So the Ferrari is more expensive by leaps and bounds.

You might say that above comparison makes absolutely no sense and you'd be right. That's what the classic car market is however. It's absurdity based on emotion with a little bit of statistic and supply and demand thrown in.

It's why not 3 years ago Thunderbirds were THE car and were starting to inch past a quarter million dollars. Now today, the market is gone and you'd be lucky to get 80-90k for a full restored, documented car.

paynecasey

Established Member

Haaa I'm in dream mode right now. Next Friday we could be welcoming our second child in the family and we are saving for a house. $70,000 - $120,000 range. Trying to live below our means. I wan to be able to retire at 50 if I want to. And not be a slave like some of the 70 year olds I see. Not relying in social security.

This is what's keeping me from a car. I'd rather sock $400 a month in mutual funds. I figure at a 15% annual market (think I can do better) I should have 1.6 million by 53 years of age. Then I'll buy what ever car I dang we'll please!

Users who are viewing this thread