Class action lawsuit of the MT82

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I"m on my third MT82. All have been great. The first one was in a Boss 302 and was flawless. The second was also a Boss 302 but needed the RST clutch to be flawless. My current one is in the supercharged Coyote GT350 and is flawless, but I don't know what clutch Shelby put into it. Maybe I'm lucky.

Im confused, the gt350 is a tremec not a mt82

noco5.0

Established Member
Some guy on youtube said he talked to one of the attorneys and this is directed towards the S550 cars.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I had an MT82 car at 430whp with many track days and ZERO MT82 issues. I think most of these boys can drive a manual trans properly. and we all know mustangs and good drivers are synonymous.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Ok makes sense now.

Not too many people have seen one. According to the build data, mine is the only widebody convertible GT350 produced in 2013. They're much, much different than the later Ford produced cars. Mine is a supercharged Coyote and obviously has the solid rear axle and a lot of cowl shake lol.

On a positive? note, I think mine is the most expensive GT350 ever sold new at an MSRP of just over $109k.

https://www.teamshelby.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=94219

80-20170613_201449_zpsqemhsxeg_93e26e2fc67ffca49a8dfd977f58172a9fb37d24.jpg

slow poke

Established Member
The trans is shitty, I had to drive a few low mile examples before I picked up my 2013. All the ones I test drove before hand felt like shit.

You shouldn't need to install a blowfish bracket and maybe trans bushing to make the MT82 feel and shit the way it's supposed to.

slow poke

Established Member
Not too many people have seen one. According to the build data, mine is the only widebody convertible GT350 produced in 2013. They're much, much different than the later Ford produced cars. Mine is a supercharged Coyote and obviously has the solid rear axle and a lot of cowl shake lol.

On a positive? note, I think mine is the most expensive GT350 ever sold new at an MSRP of just over $109k.

https://www.teamshelby.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=94219

View attachment 1646413

A coupe version in all black would look menacing. What width are the rear tires??

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

View attachment 1646413
Very nice, love the color combo

Fat Boss

Established Member
A coupe version in all black would look menacing. What width are the rear tires??

My buddy had a black with black stripes coupe with a huge S/C upgrade, but sadly he totaled it. Rears are 20x13 with 345's. I just put Pilot 4S' on it and it hooks up nicely with the FR 624 HP factory Whipple.

Very nice, love the color combo

Thanks! I remember when the original owner had it built. I said to myself, "self, this is how I'd build one." A few years later it turned up on the market with 14k on it so I picked it up. I've always had a yearning for a supercharged, fuel injected, all aluminum, 32 valve engine. Bucket list item checked. Since it's a true one-of-one Shelby, I don't want to change anything.

Users who are viewing this thread