CL 98 Cobra what's it worth?

Kiohtee

Established Member
If that's the one then yeah, it's definitely priced well! Make sure it all checks out and if so, snatch it and replace those taillights with OEM pieces and get that spoiler painted or replace it with a 281 wing.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
As long as it isn't a major issue, I don't think it's a bad deal. It has really low milage. I'd knock him down a little on the price though or say u want it fixed for the asking price.

Mr Incredible

Established Member
Yeah that's the one. I got an extra http in my link somehow.

Any thoughts on his fueling issue? I may go take a look at it.

I've got a bonus check coming next week, but then I found this one too: 99 Cobra $9,000
Not sure which one would be the better deal. I was actually thinking of something more for Autocross.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
I think you should look at both. Personally I would lean toward the 98 Cobra because of the low mileage if the fuel issue is an easy fix. Otherwise the 99 is a running car. You can always make him an offer and drive it home.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I'd jump on the '98 if it was close to me. Throw a new fuel pump and/or a boost-a-pump in it and have it tuned.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Price seems very fair, but I would definitely still want to have it checked out to be sure there weren't any major issues. The rear wing would definitely need to be replaced unless you like it. Not every day you find a '98 Cobra with low miles like that.

Gravik

Established Member
Price seems very fair, but I would definitely still want to have it checked out to be sure there weren't any major issues. The rear wing would definitely need to be replaced unless you like it. Not every day you find a '98 Cobra with low miles like that.[/QUOTE]

Or when you do the person is asking $15k+

97ReoCobra

Established Member
Personally... I think it's sad that someone would take a nice low mileage Cobra and crap it up like that. But if it's your cup of tea best of luck to you.

Where does KBB get these insane values from???

Never_Enough

Established Member
I'd jump on the '98 if it was close to me. Throw a new fuel pump and/or a boost-a-pump in it and have it tuned.

& HOPE that is is that simple. I would not bother with the '98 unless I had it checked out first & was sure the issue was minor.

N93XCHP

Established Member
I like the 98 Cobra, but would have to change a few things. As it sits, it looks like a Mexican owns it.

I'm Mexican and I would not ride around with it looking like that. :shrug:
Now if I were to buy it I'd jew him down as I would change a few appearance things but I like the fact it has really low miles! ......and I never pay asking price for cars. LOL

jblood37

Established Member
Now if I were to buy it I'd jew him down as I would change a few appearance things but I like the fact it has really low miles! ......and I never pay asking price for cars. LOL

Haha, I was just stereotyping lol. I agree with jewing him down!

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member

Haha, I was just stereotyping lol. I agree with jewing him down!

LOL :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread