CJ intake on 2015

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
I'm sure they can still prototype the intake. I hate to bash a company but the reason the intake isn't going on the car is because of Watson racing. You can't run the lowering engine mounts with the procharger, so I have been talking with Watson about one of their hoods since before I planned this build. They have been stringing me along since the beginning of May on a hood. They don't make the hoods and they have supposedly been waiting on a shipment for some time. 3 weeks ago they came in and they had to be inspected for damage and then one would be shipped out to me. Well, I'm still waiting. So I didn't have any choice but to run without a hood or not use the intake manifold. I chose to go without the manifold.

I wasn't going to say anything but since you wanted to know. I was disappointed more than you know....

On a brighter side, my car is on the dyno to be tuned tomorrow

Laztug

Established Member

z06psi

Established Member
What was the issue with lowering and the Procharger kit?

Hard to believe you put it on and didn't post pics for the community.

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
Clearance issues as well as the piping having to be altered to mount to the intercooler.

As far as pictures, why is it hard to believe? I didn't take pictures of the unfinished bay of an intake that was just set in place? you wouldn't be able to tell if it cleared anyhow as there is no way to take pics under the hood with it down to see clearances. I set it in place and then put putty on different places to see if the liner hit the putty. It didn't, so I put it all away and put the factory manifold back on. I planned on Revauto doing the work and up until Monday Adam was on the phone with sct to figure out the programming to make the scj tb work on the s550 electronics. Once I got tired of Watson jerking me around I told Dasan to nix the whole cj intake part and just proceed with the d1 blower install.

Laztug,

No need to talk to beef about the hood. I was talking straight to the guys at Watson, the hood is complete in gray carbon. In finished but complete. Weighs 24 lbs and I was supposed to have one shipped straight from them weeks ago. No biggie. I'll wait for a true cowl to be made and get one. At that point I may revisit the whole cj thing.

Hope this info helps

esacteksab

Established Member
That's discouraging that Watson did that. I've had a handful of vendors pull the same shit.

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
df49fee971e91ac2c044dab6c23b6fa3.jpg

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
Boss is already on about a half dozen cars now. Cj is gonna be on mine sooner or later though

Users who are viewing this thread