CJ intake on 2015

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
I know in order to do the CJ manifold and throttle body you have to install the upr or steeda motor mounts for hood clearance. but has anyone done the swap on a 15? is it a worthwhile swap? Anything else I have to deal with on the swap aside from tuning?

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
i have that part addressed already if i decide to do the swap. just want to make sure it is worth doing and no other suprises pop up when I do it

Voltwings

Established Member
Well seeing as how this new 5.0 motor basically already has "heads and cams," and people with cam work on prior 5.0 motors were seeing as much as 490-500 whp with a CJ, i've thought more than once this new 5.0 may be a 500 whp "bolt on" car. Lets see how it goes.

RSKtakR

Established Member
Will the Steeda or UPR motor mounts drop the motor enough for the swap and I would also be curious about the info for this.

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
no, they don't lower engine enough from what im told. I ordered a set to see what can be done to help getting the further clerance needed. If anyone has the actual height of the cj intake sitting on a flat surface to the highest point it would help me a ton... I will post progress as I get further

Voltwings

Established Member
no, they don't lower engine enough from what im told. I ordered a set to see what can be done to help getting the further clerance needed. If anyone has the actual height of the cj intake sitting on a flat surface to the highest point it would help me a ton... I will post progress as I get further

Same as the Boss if that helps. They use roughly the same plenum and runners.

RSKtakR

Established Member
Icontacted LMR or whomever it was that ran the Boss intake on the 15 with the stock hood and I was told they dropped the motor 4"-6" (pretty sure it was the 6" figure) and had to do some other things as well for clearance like grind the ribs off the top of it. ?? Not sure how much truth there is to that.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Icontacted LMR or whomever it was that ran the Boss intake on the 15 with the stock hood and I was told they dropped the motor 4"-6" (pretty sure it was the 6" figure) and had to do some other things as well for clearance like grind the ribs off the top of it. ?? Not sure how much truth there is to that.

6 inches seems like a ton to lower the engine.

chancejat

Established Member
why not just put a different/modified hood on it, seems like the obvious solution before you go changing the geometry of the motor and transmission.

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
you must not be into racing....in any form of racing you want the engine as low as possible any how

KonaFifty

Established Member
i think with the motor mounts maxed lowest setting, the hood would still be an issue with the CJ intake. if someone came out with a stock like cowl hood i bet it would fit though...

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
You are correct about needing more clearance even with the upr mounts. I am working on that part now. Will post more in a week or so

Anthony K

Established Member
i think with the motor mounts maxed lowest setting, the hood would still be an issue with the CJ intake. if someone came out with a stock like cowl hood i bet it would fit though...

Watson has a cowl hood.

Looks awesome
Carbon fiber or fiberglass both in stock

Users who are viewing this thread