Civic wants it... Civic gets it!

Freedom

Established Member
Mikie2001GT said:
Last night my wife and I was headed up hwy 74 to get some shopping done for the beach trip this coming week and I look up in my mirror and notice a silver slammed civic riding my tale.
I pushed the clutch in and threw a few mean revs at him and he pulled from the back up beside me as I slowed to 45 mph or so.
I looked at the car and it actually looked intimidating with ground effects, clear lights , huge wing and 18 inchers touchin the ground.He was really loud (annoying :mad: ) with that bee stuck in a tomato can sound. He kept lunging the car forward and letting off the gas to fall back even with me trying to provoke me.I noticed he had his window down so I rolled mine down and asked him point blank if he thought he had a chance and if he did we could run for a few bucks. He said lets kick em off and see how well I do first, I said ok no problem(knowing I would sandbag a bit to hustle him) :)
We kick it off and I didnt even gear down and start to pull like crazy???? I wasnt even in it all the way.
Several times we kicked it off and the last time I really let it go and pulled like a bus length on him up to 110 mph.
We slowed to the next red light and he was real cool and said " Man I aint got nothin for that" He then asked what I had done and I replied " just flows" which is true. He said he had a Jackson Racing Super charger and some small mods. I was figuring he was stock the way I pulled him... not SCed!!!!!
His car looked great , but to look and act fast you better at least run in the 14s. :D

Later fellas

I need to move near you, around here to act fast you better be deep into the 10's on the street....forget the track.

Bishop

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
A friend of mine and member of this board (03 Cobra making 500rwhp) raced a local guy who has a civic with a turbo and it was a fairly close race. Ultimately, the cobra won every time (and they raced from just about every point imaginable that would benifit the civic best) but this little civic was pretty fast (404 at the wheels.) What is really funny about this story is that the kid (in the civic) video taped allot of the runs they made (none where to his favor ;) ) and on the last run they ran, the kid asked for a 2 second head start. The cobra obliged, and right before the cobra started to roar past, the kid stopped taping LOL. Then, of course, the kid posts the vid on the net saying "check out the cobra i beat!!" LOL. typical...
(all joking aside, the kid does have a serious fast civic. Too bad it can't hook up, though.) (FWIW, this civic isn't riced out and looks really clean and sharp.)

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Bishop said:
A friend of mine and member of this board (03 Cobra making 500rwhp) raced a local guy who has a civic with a turbo and it was a fairly close race. Ultimately, the cobra won every time (and they raced from just about every point imaginable that would benifit the civic best) but this little civic was pretty fast (404 at the wheels.) What is really funny about this story is that the kid (in the civic) video taped allot of the runs they made (none where to his favor ;) ) and on the last run they ran, the kid asked for a 2 second head start. The cobra obliged, and right before the cobra started to roar past, the kid stopped taping LOL. Then, of course, the kid posts the vid on the net saying "check out the cobra i beat!!" LOL. typical...
(all joking aside, the kid does have a serious fast civic. Too bad it can't hook up, though.) (FWIW, this civic isn't riced out and looks really clean and sharp.)

Everytime was fairly close, but he lost even with a 2 second head start?? :shrug:

Bishop

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Everytime was fairly close, but he lost even with a 2 second head start?? :shrug:

Sorry, I probably wasn't very clear on how it happened....

The civic won with the 2 second head start- but the 03 was making up ground and blasted past as soon as the kid stopped video taping. Every other time they raced, the cobra pulled on him bad in the beginning, then the civic would just kind of hang there not losing any ground (for awhile) and then lose even more ground as the 03 reached 4th and the little civic began to run out of steam (the kid claims he loses everything when he hits 5th at about 100 or so...)

Bishop

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm sure the guy (03 cobra) I am talking about will chime in when he sees this.... he can probably tell the story alittle better than I can seeing that he was actually driving LOL.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Bishop said:

You told it pretty well. We mostly raced from 40 to 120 because his car craps itself after 120. :shrug: I usually beat him about a car and a half. He would spin every time except the last time when I gave him the jump. As soon as I started to pull on him he hit the brakes. :rollseyes

But like Bishop said this car is no joke. 400hp at 2800lbs? You make the call! :eek:

Bishop

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
LOL, there he is! Yea, the car is pretty nice, and def quick for what it is, but he def pulled a 'ricer' move by putting his little spin on it and posting only a video that made him look good. He really didn't need to do that as the car is pretty tough to begin with. (he did beat our other friend who has a 427W in a 95GT and puts down 455 on a mustang dyno :eek: ) (you don't need to tell Jon I just posted that, Ryan LOL)

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Bishop said:
LOL, there he is! Yea, the car is pretty nice, and def quick for what it is, but he def pulled a 'ricer' move by putting his little spin on it and posting only a video that made him look good. He really didn't need to do that as the car is pretty tough to begin with. (he did beat our other friend who has a 427W in a 95GT and puts down 455 on a mustang dyno :eek: ) (you don't need to tell Jon I just posted that, Ryan LOL)

Dont worry, I wont! :lol:

Illson 94 SVT

Banned
I got some kid who lives near me that thinks my mothers 2001 Spyder GT will beat m cobra despite a near 100 (NEAR) HP diffrence all beacuse its a v6. He drives a civic and thinks mustang cobras are jokes and that im wasting my time with a v8 due to its weight. I didnt say anythin till he brought up Turbo charging his civic along with a motor swap with a t4 Turbo o and a tiptronic trans(WTF?). I responded by saying "T4? i need 2 of those on my mustang to make any power." I told him "when you have a civic that will beat my mustang, ill give you 50 bucks the day it beats me." Oddly enough this happened today and then i read this...funny aint it? (god i hope he doesnt really find a civic)

Bishop

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Illson 94 SVT said:
I told him "when you have a civic that will beat my mustang, ill give you 50 bucks the day it beats me." Oddly enough this happened today and then i read this...

He really beat you? What have you done to yours? What does it run? What is done to his? Ouch baby.

urabitch

Established Member
four o two said:
Sounds like a badass RSX. But, I have seen a couple supercharged SOHC 4 cylinders in Hondas and they don't perform for shit.

One kid I ran said he ran high 14's on a Jackson Racing S/C'd B16 (SOHC, NON-VTEC). I told him he was wasting his money. :shrug:

Not trying to be an asshole, but a B16 is a DOHC VTEC. The only SOHC non-vtecs come in the civic DX, and LX which are known as the D16 series. Even the SOHC VTEC found in the EX is a but plug. IMO, the B16 series and B18C or B18C1 are the only performers of the bunch. They have the H22 which would be considered their big block, but the 1.6 and 1.8 can push out just as much horses with tuning. You can only compare Force Fed 4 cylinders to V8's when you are running 9 seconds and slower. Anything after that, and V8's take the cake. Only a select few 4 cylinder owners drive their 9 second vehicles to the track such as AL Friedman and his 9 SEC dynoflash EVO, and John Shepard and his 8 SEC Talon. It's alot easier to make a V8 more reliable because you don't have to stress the bigger displacement engine the way you would a 4 cylinder........

Last edited:

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
We have a 4 door civic around here with a built 1.8 a jackson racing and a 50 shot....man that thing is fast......we were dead even from a dig till 100

shub

Weirdo
Established Member
TeflonTron said:
If you want to watch a fast, fast Civic then look no further than CheezeFrog:

http://www.cheesefrog.com/frog/cheezevsal.mpg

If you didn't realize it, not many people on this board care much about fast civics. The guy lost to a Viper FROM A 3RD GEAR ROLL!! Yes, the Civic was ahead by 1/2 a car for a while, but was being passed viciously at the end.

Now I would bet that the Viper owner, running a 10.7 1/4, has done a few mods to improve traction, and can launch the HELL out of it. Unless that Civic can pull off some nasty 1.5 60's (doubtful), he's toast from a dig.

So what I'm seeing here is a low 12/high 11 sec Civic. You may call that "a fast, fast Civic" but It doesn't impress me.

Maybe you should post it up at www.civics_are_faster_than_domestics_but_were_insecure_so_we_post_retarded_loss_vids_at_SVTP.com

TeflonTron

Established Member
shub said:
If you didn't realize it, not many people on this board care much about fast civics. The guy lost to a Viper FROM A 3RD GEAR ROLL!! Yes, the Civic was ahead by 1/2 a car for a while, but was being passed viciously at the end.

Now I would bet that the Viper owner, running a 10.7 1/4, has done a few mods to improve traction, and can launch the HELL out of it. Unless that Civic can pull off some nasty 1.5 60's (doubtful), he's toast from a dig.

So what I'm seeing here is a low 12/high 11 sec Civic. You may call that "a fast, fast Civic" but It doesn't impress me.

Maybe you should post it up at www.civics_are_faster_than_domestics_but_were_insecure_so_we_post_retarded_loss_vids_at_SVTP.com

Are you always such a dick-munch?

I'm not a Civic Fanboy (I don't own one and don't plan on it: same with a Mustang) and couldn't care less about the merits of whether it's the greatest or worst car in the world or somewhere in between. What I do care about is when people with loud mouths and little brains spurt off crap over the internet. The Civic in that video had circa 430FWP, and if you think that that's a trifling amount in a car that weighs 2/3rds what the Viper does than you need to expand your knowledgebase. This is a thread about racing a Civic, and I simply provided an alternative viewpoint: don't be ignorant by dismissing it out of hand.

A fast car is a fast car in my books, so give props where it's due. All of this "Imports are slow" and "Civics are always slow" is ignorant and naive claptrap.

Bishop

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
That civic in the video was FAST (At first I thought it was just mildly quick until the end where I see that the Viper runs 133 1/4's!!! Damn.)

shub

Weirdo
Established Member
TeflonTron said:
Are you always such a dick-munch?

I'm not a Civic Fanboy (I don't own one and don't plan on it: same with a Mustang) and couldn't care less about the merits of whether it's the greatest or worst car in the world or somewhere in between. What I do care about is when people with loud mouths and little brains spurt off crap over the internet. The Civic in that video had circa 430FWP, and if you think that that's a trifling amount in a car that weighs 2/3rds what the Viper does than you need to expand your knowledgebase. This is a thread about racing a Civic, and I simply provided an alternative viewpoint: don't be ignorant by dismissing it out of hand.

A fast car is a fast car in my books, so give props where it's due. All of this "Imports are slow" and "Civics are always slow" is ignorant and naive claptrap.

Are you always such a troll?? You hijacked a Civic vs. Cobra thread with a video a somewhat fast Civic.

THE VIPER BEAT HIM. Are you telling me the vid is wrong? Are my eyes decieving me? Is my traction logic incorrect?

Yes, we all know Civics can be fast, there's a mid 11 sec one that runs up here at 5800'. That's much faster than cheezedicks POS that you're parroting on about. I don't give either props, 'cause the cars are retarded.

Here's an alternate viewpoint: Think before you post. Know your audience, and don't show your age with "dick-munch" elementary school name-calling.

TeflonTron

Established Member
shub said:
Are you always such a troll?? You hijacked a Civic vs. Cobra thread with a video a somewhat fast Civic.

THE VIPER BEAT HIM. Are you telling me the vid is wrong? Are my eyes decieving me? Is my traction logic incorrect?

Yes, we all know Civics can be fast, there's a mid 11 sec one that runs up here at 5800'. That's much faster than cheezedicks POS that you're parroting on about. I don't give either props, 'cause the cars are retarded.

Here's an alternate viewpoint: Think before you post. Know your audience, and don't show your age with "dick-munch" elementary school name-calling.

I didn't "Hijack" anything. This is a discussion forum, and that means "to discuss". People were stating that all Civics are slow, and I simply showed a video that proves otherwise. If you think that a 430FWP Civic that can hang with a 10Sec Viper is slow, then you're wrong: simple as. Just because the Viper edged out in the race doesn't make the losing car slow. Even the driver of the Viper gave the Civic props and said "That ***** is fast" and "That's one bad ******". For your information, Cheesefrog is doing mid to low 11s.

I find it funny that you call me "Elementary school" for calling you a dick-munch but you call CheeseFrog "CheeseDick"!! Hello Pot, this is Kettle calling!!

I'm really not here to argue, but I stand by my first post: if you honestly can't give props where props are due, then that's very sad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread