Civic wants it... Civic gets it!

Mikie2001GT

The Ghost with the Most !
Established Member
Last night my wife and I was headed up hwy 74 to get some shopping done for the beach trip this coming week and I look up in my mirror and notice a silver slammed civic riding my tale.
I pushed the clutch in and threw a few mean revs at him and he pulled from the back up beside me as I slowed to 45 mph or so.
I looked at the car and it actually looked intimidating with ground effects, clear lights , huge wing and 18 inchers touchin the ground.He was really loud (annoying :mad: ) with that bee stuck in a tomato can sound. He kept lunging the car forward and letting off the gas to fall back even with me trying to provoke me.I noticed he had his window down so I rolled mine down and asked him point blank if he thought he had a chance and if he did we could run for a few bucks. He said lets kick em off and see how well I do first, I said ok no problem(knowing I would sandbag a bit to hustle him) :)
We kick it off and I didnt even gear down and start to pull like crazy???? I wasnt even in it all the way.
Several times we kicked it off and the last time I really let it go and pulled like a bus length on him up to 110 mph.
We slowed to the next red light and he was real cool and said " Man I aint got nothin for that" He then asked what I had done and I replied " just flows" which is true. He said he had a Jackson Racing Super charger and some small mods. I was figuring he was stock the way I pulled him... not SCed!!!!!
His car looked great , but to look and act fast you better at least run in the 14s. :D

Later fellas

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
we have one of those around here too (from what I hear) a guy with some kinda civic with a Jackson SC on it. From what I've heard (again) it isn't blistering fast. I don't understand putting all that money into something that will get you maybe a mid 14!?? I'd rather spend 4-600 on N2O and use it sometimes to get to mid to low 14s on a fwd type car.

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
when will these people learn that civics aren't fast cars?? It sure is sweet when you make those guys in the imports realize there car is all that fast.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
ROFL !! It probably was SC'd! Remember Ethan's Civic EX only ran 10.15's in the 1/8 th. That was after the SC was installed. The only Civic that is gonna go 13.90's to 14.0's is a SC'd Civic Si with 8 psi. Remember the blue one at Rockinham? Claimed 7.60's in the 1/8th? Best he did on slicks was a 13.80 something in the ¼! ON SLICKS!! LMMFAO!!

Was it Silver with the blue graphics down the side? Has a CS Motorsport sticker diagonal on the sides following the jagged graphics? POSER to the max!

YUMM YUMM Eat them up! ;)

93 Indy

Established Member
Now, now Mikie, you are going to have to learn to play nice with the import boys.:) Cause you know if they swap motors and put a blower, turbocharger, IEH, 1000HP shot of N2O, get a helluva tailwind and strap a jet engine to the roof, they can run low 14s.:D Good kill.
Chris

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by 93 Indy
Cause you know if they swap motors and put a blower, turbocharger, IEH, 1000HP shot of N2O, get a helluva tailwind and strap a jet engine to the roof, they can run low 14s.

ROTFLM-MF-AO, esp. the 1000 shot...:eek:

Good one dude...:D

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
OUCH! C'mon thats what im going for is low 14s :p

Originally posted by 93 Indy
Now, now Mikie, you are going to have to learn to play nice with the import boys.:) Cause you know if they swap motors and put a blower, turbocharger, IEH, 1000HP shot of N2O, get a helluva tailwind and strap a jet engine to the roof, they can run low 14s.:D Good kill.
Chris

Mikie2001GT

The Ghost with the Most !
Established Member
Ryan,

Im sure Chris didnt intend on directing that twards the little brothers of the the american V8 families.

In my opinion the Civic is not even in the same league as the tour.
Besides...Your car does not need all those mods to run low 14s.

Later guys ;)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Oh, I know. Just giving him a hard time. Us SVT Tours are often forgotten about...gotta admit that

Originally posted by Mikie2001GT
Ryan,

Im sure Chris didnt intend on directing that twards the little brothers of the the american V8 families.

In my opinion the Civic is not even in the same league as the tour.
Besides...Your car does not need all those mods to run low 14s.

Later guys ;)

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
well.. I raced a Acura RSX Type S, with Jackson Racing SC and a good tune.. it was dead even till around 140 ish when I started pulling away... I know I'm stock, but still an 03 Cobra coupe making 372 to the wheels isn't a slow car.. and I guarantee if this RSX had been racing a Mustang GT with 4.10 gears it wouldnt' be pretty for the GT..

I'm guessing that the Civic in question in this thread wasn't supercharged..

The Rooster

Banned
Mikie2001GT said:
Last night my wife and I was headed up hwy 74 to get some shopping done for the beach trip this coming week and I look up in my mirror and notice a silver slammed civic riding my tale.
I pushed the clutch in and threw a few mean revs at him and he pulled from the back up beside me as I slowed to 45 mph or so.
I looked at the car and it actually looked intimidating with ground effects, clear lights , huge wing and 18 inchers touchin the ground.He was really loud (annoying :mad: ) with that bee stuck in a tomato can sound. He kept lunging the car forward and letting off the gas to fall back even with me trying to provoke me.I noticed he had his window down so I rolled mine down and asked him point blank if he thought he had a chance and if he did we could run for a few bucks. He said lets kick em off and see how well I do first, I said ok no problem(knowing I would sandbag a bit to hustle him) :)
We kick it off and I didnt even gear down and start to pull like crazy???? I wasnt even in it all the way.
Several times we kicked it off and the last time I really let it go and pulled like a bus length on him up to 110 mph.
We slowed to the next red light and he was real cool and said " Man I aint got nothin for that" He then asked what I had done and I replied " just flows" which is true. He said he had a Jackson Racing Super charger and some small mods. I was figuring he was stock the way I pulled him... not SCed!!!!!
His car looked great , but to look and act fast you better at least run in the 14s. :D

Later fellas

I have never messed with an import car as far as mods go but can anyone explain what the weed whacker muffler is all about? Does it actually do anything besides make the car sound like an improperly grounded household appliance?

TeflonTron

Established Member
manystangs said:
when will these people learn that civics aren't fast cars?? It sure is sweet when you make those guys in the imports realize there car is all that fast.

I'm sure that CheezeFrog would disagree with you on that. ;-)

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
Imports... ie civics can be fast. In fact I wasted my money, time and effort in an 89' civic hatch... I did good against lightly modded GT'S... beat a few but got my ass handed to me by a late 90's Z28... So I sold the Hatch and bought an L. There are some seariously fast civics out there.... but they are still civics...

four o two

Some ricer...
Established Member
Silver2003Cobra said:
well.. I raced a Acura RSX Type S, with Jackson Racing SC and a good tune.. it was dead even till around 140 ish when I started pulling away... I know I'm stock, but still an 03 Cobra coupe making 372 to the wheels isn't a slow car.. and I guarantee if this RSX had been racing a Mustang GT with 4.10 gears it wouldnt' be pretty for the GT..

I'm guessing that the Civic in question in this thread wasn't supercharged..
Sounds like a badass RSX. But, I have seen a couple supercharged SOHC 4 cylinders in Hondas and they don't perform for shit.

One kid I ran said he ran high 14's on a Jackson Racing S/C'd B16 (SOHC, NON-VTEC). I told him he was wasting his money. :shrug:

sniderboys23

Sleeper
Established Member
a friend of mine runs like a 8.20 in the 1/8 in his civic? its pretty fast i thought, he wants to race me when i get my cobra in december, but i dont think he would have a chance? his dad is a mechanic so all they do is work on the civic he has had many civics that were fast. all of the v 8 guys dont even want to race him? i dont know why though? i figured some of them would have a chance. there is supposedly a trans am running 8.50 and its auto. told him to race him and he was like no he would beat me?

Ironhand

Banned
My little 89 can hurt Most Civics and I love playing with them... It doesnt surprise me that almost anything could be a Civic, both stock and slightly modified, they just dont have the CIDs for large horsepower gains.

GoNSyco

Established Member
There are quite a few quick civics around here. I know of a CRX down the street that runs 9's with a custom built (by him) TT setup, and it's his DD.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
GR8WHITE said:
ROFL !! It probably was SC'd! Remember Ethan's Civic EX only ran 10.15's in the 1/8 th. That was after the SC was installed. The only Civic that is gonna go 13.90's to 14.0's is a SC'd Civic Si with 8 psi. Remember the blue one at Rockinham? Claimed 7.60's in the 1/8th? Best he did on slicks was a 13.80 something in the ¼! ON SLICKS!! LMMFAO!!

Was it Silver with the blue graphics down the side? Has a CS Motorsport sticker diagonal on the sides following the jagged graphics? POSER to the max!

YUMM YUMM Eat them up! ;)

Whats up Gastoina? Im in Cherryville lol. I ran an eclipse GST with Exclusive Images on the back, and then ran a bolt on (stock cam) camaro while in Gastonia.

Users who are viewing this thread