Chrome Wheels

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by StangD281
Regardless of when they are available, I doubt that the weight difference would be anything significant being as the car is already a pig.

Reducing unsprung weight (which applies here) is always a good thing. Even a few pounds can improve handling, accel.

CobraCraig

Established Member
Rob,
The tint was done by a local shop here in OKC. He did a very good job covering the bubble matrix at the top of the rear window. He sanded down the bubble matrix with a fine grade sand paper. Then he applied some type of resin filler that way the tint lays down nice and flat at the top without turning white.

blucobra03

Established Member
I keep reading where you guys keep referring to "someone said" that the chrome wheels aren't coming until February now. I sent SVT a letter asking for an update on them and they called me and left a message on my answering machine. The guy said they are still planning on the 4th quarter for chrome wheel delivery. The price is the $695 everyone says with a $240 core charge if you want to keep your original rims. So, who exactly said that the chrome wheels are not coming in until February ? Not trying to flame anyone, but we don't need bad information here folks. It's bad enough having to wait this long for the wheels. Of course I feel for those that don't even have the car yet. All I can say is, it's worth the wait people :burnout:

wildosvt

Established Member
Im still baffled on this chrome-polished rim thing?I used to work for a chrome plating company and I was taught and was told that aluminum was to be polished and chrome (which is a clear coat for nickle plating meaning chrome is invisable other then being glossy) is for steel or brass......Does anyone have a pic of the polished and chrome wheels?????Im not saying im the master of chrome or anything just am clueless when you guys say this stuff... :read:

Users who are viewing this thread