Chrome SS Bumper Insert Problem

jzepp

Established Member
same problem here...........i have already been through 2 sets of cobra SS bumper inserts.........they should let you be able to buy the letters seperately......seems like when you wash the car after awhile the water runs down and gets behind the adhesive and starts pulling the letters away from the bumper.

My letters have never fallen off they just are pulled alittle from the bumper on the edges of some of them.

spray175

Established Member
yea. I just pulled mine off a couple of days ago. They got bent but they will still work fine. Just need some new tape. I may try to bend them so they fit the bumper better and give that a try.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
Scott 01Cobra said:
Do you know who's product it is??? Once in a blue moon a bad section of tape could be your problem. Depends on whether it's coming off the bumper or the letters. If it's coming off the bumper then it prolly was not prepped 100%. Who ever you purchased them from should stand behind the product.

If you need some tape, I'll be in Norwalk Ohio for the FFW event from July 6-9. I could always bring along some tape for you, then you can pull them off and retape them. My tape will stay on forever. If they are my letters, the tape is free ;) but it does not sound like they are.

Staying at the Amerihost but send me a PM and let me know. It's only 2 weeks away.

PS - Fishing line is generally what I use - 60 pd test.

I noticed your letters are a bit pricey. Do they mvoe arround or fall of when you wash the car? Reason I ask is because I can buy 4 ebay s:bowdown: ets for 1 set of yours. I just want to know if its worth it. Alot of money for letters.

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
image said:
I noticed your letters are a bit pricey. Do they mvoe arround or fall of when you wash the car? Reason I ask is because I can buy 4 ebay s:bowdown: ets for 1 set of yours. I just want to know if its worth it. Alot of money for letters.

Maybe 4 sets of vinyl ..... but not Stainless. Mine are 16 Gauge Polished Mirror stainless - different animal all together. Comes with a live-time guarantee on corrosion and tape coming off. I am the only one that gives a warrenty on these.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Roots25 said:
thanks guys, from Huron, Ohio, right by cedar point, what do you suggest, taking the letters that are peeling off...off, and reinstall them again w/ new letters, or taking them all off and buying a vinyl or something else that fits better

Cool. I'm in Amherst and work in Cleveland. I'm out there near Cedar Point all the time. Maybe I'll see ya around.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
Well that alone makes it worth it. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question (s).
Scott 01Cobra said:
Maybe 4 sets of vinyl ..... but not Stainless. Mine are 16 Gauge Polished Mirror stainless - different animal all together. Comes with a live-time guarantee on corrosion and tape coming off. I am the only one that gives a warrenty on these.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Here is my GT with the inserts.
2d9c.gif

Here is my Cobra after I installed my Borlas. Can see the inserts good in it-S
th_BorlaInstall.gif

Users who are viewing this thread