Chrome rims on your 03'

What do you think is the best size rims for a Stang?

• 17"

Votes: 98 29.3%
  • 18"

Votes: 222 66.5%
  • 19"

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • Larger

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters

umustdv8

Established Member
I'm in the market for some chrome 18's. I want 18"x9"s on the front and 18"x10"'s on the back.

Please post a pic with chrome rims on your stang. The winner will make my screensaver :)

SuperStallion55

that looks awesome Kevin !
cool.gif

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
This guy's car is my personal favorite. I'm looking for a set of Saleen 18's right now...they're going for around $1400 a set, but the knockoffs are much cheaper...

JoeAsheville

Established Member
This car is from SVT promo material. It's nice too...although I eventually decided against the stock chromies.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Jao - thats a pretty cool pic from SVT, do they have any pics like that with coupes?

TSi999 - thanks man :thumbsup: I am really happy with them. Best rims I have ever owned.

JoeAsheville

Established Member
Hey Kev...no, that's the only pic I have seen that looks like that. We both have coupes...and I've tried to find it in a coupe to no avail myself.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I had 18 Saleen rims and I love they way they looked, but I hated everything else. No traction. Rough ride. I paniced everytime I went near a bump because one day I hit a small pothole and it popped my tire and cracked my rim. After 900 bucks I realized they were not everything I hoped they would be.

I am very happy with the oem chrome 17'' rims. Great traction, great handling, tires are cheaper, more sidewall to absorb bumps and potholes.

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
I had 18 Saleen rims and I love they way they looked, but I hated everything else. No traction. Rough ride. I paniced everytime I went near a bump because one day I hit a small pothole and it popped my tire and cracked my rim. After 900 bucks I realized they were not everything I hoped they would be.

I am very happy with the oem chrome 17'' rims. Great traction, great handling, tires are cheaper, more sidewall to absorb bumps and potholes.

I like the Saleen's too. I just put a Saleen wing on, but I don't feel like putting anymore Saleen stuff on.

Last edited:

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
UMUSTDV8,

I have a 18" AFS wheels...and live in S.Fla...do you ever go to towers? Have any pics of your car?

Orange Poison

Established Member
I have to admit....the Saleen 18" chromes look fantastic on the '03 Cobra.

I went with the SVT chromes....but if I did 18's....they would be the ones I'd go with. SWEET AS HELL!

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTBlackBolt
UMUSTDV8,

I have a 18" AFS wheels...and live in S.Fla...do you ever go to towers? Have any pics of your car?

I do go to tower every once in a while. I was there 2 weeks ago. I'll post a pic when I get home from work. I took a few this weekend :)

JoeAsheville

Established Member
Yeah, it does. That's why I like that pic so much.

Of course, it's promo material...not real world. I think someone had theirs slammed like that and bent his oil pan going over a speed bump. Ford voided his warranty after the crank hit the pan and started making noises.

FakeSnake I think.

Users who are viewing this thread