Choosing a forged motor company

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
I have a 02 Saleen 2v and am looking into buying a new forged longblock soon. I am looking into Cushman Motorsports, Modular Head Shop, and MMR. I have heard alot of bad rep about MMR but also alot of good, including a guy whose build im following.
I dont know much about Cushman or Modular but they seem to be pretty knowledgeable and all 3 seem to have good customer service, atleast on a buyers end.

Any info or help or experiance (Not heresay) will be appreciated. And im buying a motor, not building my own so as to simplify answers.
If it matters im looking at getting a 700hp or better capable shortblock with ported heads and stage 3 blower cams with my kenne bell on top.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Why have somebody that has to ship you an engine and if something goes wrong, you have to ship to them and hope you don't get screwed over, build your engine? I would look into a place local that you could speak to directly.

This is the advice I received more times than I can remember. It is sound advice.

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
Yeah not within a few hours from here and they are $1,000 plus more expensive and has mixed reviews about taking responsibility if something goes wrong.

Daywalker

Established Member
I was in the same situation a few years ago when I wanted to buy a built block for my GT. I ended up going with MMR because they were close and had decent reviews. I also knew a guy at the time who hooked the price up pretty well. That turned out to be a mistake, because they installed the wrong pistons. By the time I realized what the issue was, three of the pistons were ruined and my warranty period had passed. Your best bet is to buy off the major components yourself, making sure that they are all correct and then have a trusted machine shop assemble, balance and blueprint it. I know this is more time consuming but it'll save headaches later...

CalBoy101

Established Member
Yeah not within a few hours from here and they are $1,000 plus more expensive and has mixed reviews about taking responsibility if something goes wrong.

musclemustang, if you still have the KB 2 .1 inlet I'm definitely interested, check your PM's or send an email to:

pt

AT

fxsound

DOT

COM

Users who are viewing this thread