Chilled out run on the Tail off the Dragon

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wish I lived closer because I'd love to take my MINI-S for a Tail of the Dragon fun run. Did you encounter many cops? I heard that they are all over the place there.

mavisky

Established Member
I've not yet been on the dragon, but pretty much any road around the area is going to be a damned good drive and typically has much less traffic.

Elwood617

Established Member
I wish I lived closer because I'd love to take my MINI-S for a Tail of the Dragon fun run. Did you encounter many cops? I heard that they are all over the place there.
Yeah, it's a 7.5 hour drive for me, but it was with it :)
The cops are cool, biggest thing is don't cross the double yellow.

I've not yet been on the dragon, but pretty much any road around the area is going to be a damned good drive and typically has much less traffic.
The Dragon is amazing, the Skyway and some of the other roads in the area are fun, but not as demanding. I have a video of a faster run on the Dragon with less traffic, but I had the gopro on the wrong setting, and you can't see anything out of the windshield.
Sick exhaust note. Is that a roush exhaust?
Thanks, it's a set of Dynomax race pipes. JBA long tubes with o/r xpipe.

F8L BYT

Established Member
I was out with the Mazda Speed Forum guys at Mazda Dragon Camp. This was my last run of the Camp, just a relaxed fun run.

Mazda Dragon Camp V; One last relaxed run on the …: http://youtu.be/gL5RhjueP3A

Yes the Dragon is a lot of fun and there are several roads around it that are just as much fun or better because of less traffic.... The turn you head into @ :45 seconds is the one I laid my bike down when I hit oil from some car last year. :whine:

Users who are viewing this thread