Childhood dream/bucket list item checked off the list. 68 Camaro build.

byeofcr

Established Member
So this happened today. Since I was a boy, I always hoped my father and I would build a hot rod together.
I asked and begged and pleaded but as life usually goes, he was working hard to support a family and eventually moved to vegas while I found other things to occupy myself with. It drifted to the backburner for awhile but we often spoke of one day getting around to it. Well im glad to say that we didnt wait until one day became too late. Hes been hunting for one for awhile secretly. Eveyone, thanks to shows like Gas Monkey Garage etc, wants big money for their rust buckets. This one isnt too bad. Its got surface rust and an interior from hell but we have a body shop in the family and im just happy to be spending time with my dad building it along with my son.
My grandfather on my dads side used to race an old ford painted the Johnson Motor Lines colors with the number "310" on the side. So im thinking we could replicate that. Or my dad had an indigo 67 back in high school. Hes a chevy guy and i know he just wants to build it together but i think itd be cool to have one like he did.
Its not going to be a numbers matching show kinda build, so we can build it as wild or mild as we please. Ill update as we go. Found a rotissere for cheap as well so were picking that and the car up this weekend.
B2EF2607-5010-4C86-9CB0-EC28D741C3D7_1.jpg

C795386F-B5B2-4F7B-A121-0911B1FA210F_1.jpg

77AFC4D0-DB51-4F23-8416-FAD2DCCF6D54_1.jpg

408A6742-E1D9-44B5-9AEC-E6066A270A76.jpg

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
that's awesome. will be a fun project and create a lot of memories. keep the updates posted!

Mike

byeofcr

Established Member
You know im not sure really. Ill lean towards what pops want to do on most things. Inhavent actually even seen the car in person he sent me those pictures. Its got some stuff coming with it. It has a turbo 400 trans, power brakes (which i guess is something hes happy about) its an Rs. The fenders are different and some other stuff i cant remember. But i know the man knows camaros and chevy things so at least ill be able to watch and learn as we go

T76 Mach

Established Member
Started mine last year.Hit it hard for the first few months and now just waiting for cooler weather to get back at it again.Nothing like working side by side with my son and even better to see the day by day progress

20151026_171201_zpsl72j2cpk.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The most awesome thing about this build is that you're doing it with your dad and your son. Keep us posted. :)

Users who are viewing this thread