Child cancer or serioues illness.

slow06

Established Member
Round 4 Wednesday, just got back to Memphis tonight. He has been doing good. Numbers have been better than expected. I can't wait til we see his eye exam results.

Sorry I have not updated the thread as much, once I got back in town they had me working crazy hours.

5ca42670e43be512e0e5960eb396b435.jpg
8e2616a6225da33286a39bb839a4b802.jpg

He loves the mirrors, he has a small goose egg in the middle of his forehead. He caught the corner of on of his toys, kinda looks like a third eye lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

slow06

Established Member
Almost back home, going through Ashville right now. Eye exam went good, he is still on schedule with his progress. He is still happy and has become a little terror, his personality has come out lol. I have totally forgot about him being blind in his right eye until the doctors remind me.

Here are the eye exam pics, it's a huge difference each time, I go back in the thread and compare them sometimes.
13cc116acdee231dd4fc7ae35c52c65a.jpg
a1210318c44c76f3e9ea1787ebd1d6c7.jpg
28b6175b66d2d8e1d885151085337da4.jpg
bd59d47b9243ce9f0d122c8c20775092.jpg
d6bfdc6131804770c1a266333f464f83.jpg

Video of him working out

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Almost back home, going through Ashville right now. Eye exam went good, he is still on schedule with his progress. He is still happy and has become a little terror, his personality has come out lol. I have totally forgot about him being blind in his right eye until the doctors remind me.

Here are the eye exam pics, it's a huge difference each time, I go back in the thread and compare them sometimes.
View attachment 1462577View attachment 1462578View attachment 1462579View attachment 1462580View attachment 1462581
Video of him working out

Love to see him happy.

Is there any chance that he regains any sight in that eye in the future?

Thanks for the updates.

slow06

Established Member
They said he has a very slight chance, but most likely he would see shapes and shadows if anything.

The eyes, ears, nose and throat in Charlotte never looked at his paperwork or notes when he got his referral in October from his primary. They scheduled it a month out, during that month we watched it grow. I kinda blame myself, I'm glad we caught it, but I wish we could of had it treated earlier, his oncologist said it would of most likely saved his eye sight in his right eye. He has adjusted well to it though, they have also talked to us about a service dog for him later on, he tends to bump into stuff on his right side.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
They said he has a very slight chance, but most likely he would see shapes and shadows if anything.

The eyes, ears, nose and throat in Charlotte never looked at his paperwork or notes when he got his referral in October from his primary. They scheduled it a month out, during that month we watched it grow. I kinda blame myself, I'm glad we caught it, but I wish we could of had it treated earlier, his oncologist said it would of most likely saved his eye sight in his right eye. He has adjusted well to it though, they have also talked to us about a service dog for him later on, he tends to bump into stuff on his right side.

Look at some grants or charity organizations that will fund a summer stay at SouthEastern Guide dogs in Palmetto Florida. Have to plan ahead, but explain your situation and they will put you in touch with the right groups.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
If you haven't yet, contact Make A Wish. My daughter was granted her wish from Make A Wish and it was an experience none of us will ever forget. I cannot speak highly enough of that organization. And thanks for the updates. Every time I see Anthony's face it makes me smile.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
I'm just happy to see something good for once. I hate that your boy is sick, but every good update just makes the days better for me. I can' even try and watch the news anymore, but I watch this thread on your little man like a hawk. Love the little guy.

slow06

Established Member
I'm just happy to see something good for once. I hate that your boy is sick, but every good update just makes the days better for me. I can' even try and watch the news anymore, but I watch this thread on your little man like a hawk. Love the little guy.
He had a great day today, had a big dinner, and is currently running around trying to get my keys off the desk, he knows the button makes the car beep. He has a new tendency to just sit on people out of no where lol. Love this kid.

2013gt'ed, how is everything going for you and the wife? How much longer until you find out what the new baby will be? Hope everything is going good for you.

I will definitely check into the camp and also make a wish.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
Doing good, should be halfway thru March then we will know if we have having a third boy or maybe a girl. She is 32 now so this pregnancy is actually hard on her. She works full time too and I'm usually putting in 60 hour weeks so she is getting ground up. Im.hoping to have enough squirrels a way to get her a good 4 months off.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
I imagine your busy and all, just letting you know I'm still pulling for your family and that cutie.

slow06

Established Member
Anthony is doing good, were actually at the affiliate in Charlotte. All his numbers have been checking out good, he has had no fever or rash from this round of chemo. Monday the 19th we will be heading back to Memphis for round 5, this next round is a big one for him, it causes the topo rash, high fevers of 104 and more hair loss. He just started to get his hair back, it came back as a platinum blonde from his brown hair.

It seems like time has flown by, I remember the 13th of November when he was diagnosed and I dropped him and his mom off at the airport. We're are very blessed that things have gone so good so far.

He has been very active, he learned how to climb up on the couch, and open his veggie snacks. 6 more teeth have come in this month and he has gained some weight. He loves the guitar.

ccd4975fc15e3979423334a301a219c6.jpg
81f83b561fab793330b54b28f77aa9e1.jpg

b2af39a8210d9de59136f43fa7b0c41c.jpg
a15b76ca05743692ab62a4509a890350.jpg

_Snake_

Established Member
Look at some grants or charity organizations that will fund a summer stay at SouthEastern Guide dogs in Palmetto Florida. Have to plan ahead, but explain your situation and they will put you in touch with the right groups.

@slow06
They're right down the road from me if there's anything I can do. Anything at all.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
It' been a fast few months, but the news keeps getting better. Thanks for the good news, and making my wife bawl lol. Pregnancy hormones, sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread