CHICAGOLAND COBRA 03 MEETING ON SUNDAY JULY 20TH

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Mike,

I thought you were going to Rizza to get it fixed? Why did you end up at that other place.
Still, I guess you did what was expected of you, at least according to Ford's rules anyway. You returned it to the original repairing dealer and gave them the opportunity to correct their mistake.

Regardless, it is time to get the Ford field Rep involved. Maybe you can have them meet you at Rizza and they can review the repair history and see that Westfield did in fact replace the ABS controller and apparently damaged the lines at that time AND that you would have no reason to alter the lines for a new CAI.

I would pass on going back to Westfield for any reason, even at the suggestion of the Ford rep. Just tell them you don't feel comfortable with them working on your car and of the arrogance or ignorance of the service writer and how terrible they treated you. Time to make them look like the assholes they are.

They can't void your warranty. They can only refuse to repair this particular item/claim.

We'd have both been going to jail if I would have been there. I've come close before. You don't want me there. I don't deal with some people well.

Dan

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I read that thread after I read this one. That's what I figured they would say. At least you can drive it while this mess gets resolved.
It would be interesting to see just how many complaints Westfield Ford has racked up over the last couple of years.

Dana

FearblueR1

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
If you decide to borrow my tires to help narrow down the problem, maybe we should put them in the front and move your fronts to the rear?! ;-) j/k.

Dana

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah - Hey at least I got the car washed! No more bird dodo. :beer: One thing at a time. :thumbsup: I will move the tires tonight. :bash: Hopefully

P.S. - How is that new "hair style" doing?? j/k :burn:

The Munster CRC Burger Bash is tonight. Starting at 5P.M. - 9P.M. It is at Munster CRC's parking lot. They are also having a car show. Located in Munster Indiana on Ridge Road.

Address: 214 Ridge Road, Munster IN 46321

The corner of Ridge & Hohman

Last edited:

FearblueR1

Established Member
Yeah,

I will be there, but not till around 7:30PM.

The paint wasn't that great before the bird, so I'm not missing anything. lol

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Tim,
I have to drop the car at Ford for the new clutch this afternoon. I probably won't be back in town until 6:30 or so. Gotta love the Borman. Call me when you are getting ready to go, I'll try to meet you there.

Dan

FearblueR1

Established Member
Dan,

Sounds good. Did they say anything about covering the fuel pressure unit??

Maybe they could at least throw you a couple bucks for another hair cut?? j/k :beer:

I will give you a holler when I get in town.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Real funny!!!!!!!

Three hair cuts in 2 weeks.

I haven't asked them about the sensor yet, I figured that when I got there I would show them the invoice and the tow sheet and see if they would at least give me another sensor.
They could actually do a warranty repair and charge out the sensor AND the labor on paper.

We'll see...

BTW, all times are approximate. I'm dealing with the Borman.

Dan

FearblueR1

Established Member
Jusk kidding Dan :thumbsup: :beer:

I know, the expressway can be a pain. I'm not getting off the train until 7. Then I have to run home, change then get the car or bike. I haven't decided which one. lol I don't think I will have time to change the tires..........:bash:

The bike will keep me out of trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread